Disc brakes to be allowed for pro teams - test period

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
What does Eddy think?
“They work for [consumers], but in racing I think they’re too dangerous in crashes,” Merckx said.
Read more at http://velonews.competitor.com/2016...s-dangerous-racing_402468#Zehht8xGJVSTUITC.99

He also has views on burritos in the pro peloton
12993576_1103982952998071_4635052328895673165_n.jpg

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
http://road.cc/content/tech-news/186146-have-disc-brakes-really-led-injuries-peloton

So basically, none of the riders riding with discs(Lampre-Merida or Direct Energie), crashed or were even in the area when Maes and/or Ventoso's injuries occured.

Last edited:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
http://road.cc/content/tech-news/186146-have-disc-brakes-really-led-injuries-peloton

So basically, none of the riders riding with discs(Lampre-Merida or Roompot), crashed or were even in the area when Maes and/or Ventoso's injuries occured.
Roompot wasnt using disc it was direct energie.....

But i made this same statement further up thread, questioning the injury.

And forum experts marmion and rich p levelled abuse at me for thinking the same as road cc........goes to show that the not as clever as they think

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Roompot wasnt using disc it was direct energie.....

But i made this same statement further up thread, questioning the injury.

And forum experts marmion and rich p levelled abuse at me for thinking the same as road cc........goes to show that the not as clever as they think
Edited :smile: I was sidetracked

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry

You are wrong (yet again) - I picked you up for claiming that the disc brake injury/non-injury was being reported in a manner that other incidents were not.

If you took the time to read my replies then you'd see that I have not offered an opinion regarding whether I think the injuries were caused by a disc brake nor have I offered a view on any decisions taken regarding the suspension of the disc brake trial.

I picked you up for being wrong. You got all flouncey and started on about "yanking chains" etc. I have mentioned this already a few pages ago.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
You are wrong (yet again) - I picked you up for claiming that the disc brake injury/non-injury was being reported in a manner that other incidents were not.

If you took the time to read my replies then you'd see that I have not offered an opinion regarding whether I think the injuries were caused by a disc brake nor have I offered a view on any decisions taken regarding the suspension of the disc brake trial.

I picked you up for being wrong. You got all flouncey and started on about "yanking chains" etc. I have mentioned this already a few pages ago.
Ditto.
I have no idea, and no expert opinion, as to whether the injuries were caused by discs. I don't know enough about discs to know if they are a boon or a menace.
My disagreement with you originally, was that you said that the disc brake injury was reported, whereas others weren't.
Go back and check before you start getting in a lather again:okay:

Proto

Legendary Member
Is t beyond the wit of man to fabricate some kind of guard /shield to cover the discs outer edge?

So the UCI have seen sense and banned disc brakes in the pro Peloton then.

Mod Note; posts from this point on have been merged in from a separate thread - hopefully not too confusing as there was not much overlap, but the ban is a natural continuation of the discussion of the trial.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom