Disc Rotors.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
For me, the commuter is silent, but the good bike is a nightmare.

Turns out, the commuter is silent because it can pick up all sorts of debris but the good bike goes on very different routes and braking is kept to a minimum. This has led to glazing the rotors and rubbing both pads and rotors with fine wet and dry has cured my issue.

Nothing more frustrating, hopefully you get your issue sorted as well. :okay:
Yea thanks I'm going to try that as last resort before launching it off the end of the pier.
If one more person shouts "oil your fecking bike" they'll go with it 😁

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Yea thanks I'm going to try that as last resort before launching it off the end of the pier.
If one more person shouts "oil your fecking bike" they'll go with it 😁

Do they still sell those lovely little hot mini-doughnuts on the pier?

Not been there for a while although we get close - we have friends in Thornton Cleveleys.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Do they still sell those lovely little hot mini-doughnuts on the pier?

Not been there for a while although we get close - we have friends in Thornton Cleveleys.
Lol...yea you can.Im reliably informed you can now get them covered in various hot sauces such as Nutella.
Not that I'd know about such things..my body is a temple and all that 🙄
I know Thornton Cleveleys well, lovely seafront at Cleveleys

Last edited:

Mike_P

Guru
The new Shimano BS01s I put on were rubbish, could not get them to "bed in" and had a persistent buzzing noise when applied. Just got a set of the longer lasting BS03s (that have replaced the BS01s) and fitted them okay without needing the axle washer I needed to stop the disc catching on one of the BS01s ; thinking one if those was bent slightly. Hopkinsons are selling two packs of BS03s on eBay for £10.99; the picture shows BS01s but it is the BS03s that are supplied in eco friendly card boxes

winjim

Smash the cistern
For me, the commuter is silent, but the good bike is a nightmare.

Turns out, the commuter is silent because it can pick up all sorts of debris but the good bike goes on very different routes and braking is kept to a minimum. This has led to glazing the rotors and rubbing both pads and rotors with fine wet and dry has cured my issue.

Nothing more frustrating, hopefully you get your issue sorted as well. :okay:

A going over with wet and dry sorted my rotors out after I'd been merrily switching between sintered and resin pads. Stick to one type of pad would be my advice.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
The new Shimano BS01s I put on were rubbish, could not get them to "bed in" and had a persistent buzzing noise when applied. Just got a set of the longer lasting BS03s (that have replaced the BS01s) and fitted them okay without needing the axle washer I needed to stop the disc catching on one of the BS01s ; thinking one if those was bent slightly. Hopkinsons are selling two packs of BS03s on eBay for £10.99; the picture shows BS01s but it is the BS03s that are supplied in eco friendly card boxes
Send me the link when you've got a minute please.Ive resorted to wearing wireless earphones at the moment.But I'm going to try the rotors next

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Ok bit the bullet new pads and new discs = no squeeks 😁
Have a slightly sticky dear caliper though...can't be arsed for now.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
I hate it when I 'lock on' to something like that - just can't get it out of my head.

Safe riding along the promenade. 😁
Lovely weather today...the wind was my friend !
Screenshot_20221027-080616.png

Top Bottom