Disc Wheels - 6 Bolt & Centrelock Compatability?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
My Boardman currently has a 6 bolt disc front wheel. Can I replace it with a Centrelock one?

Ta

Yes.

Presumably you're concerned regarding where the rotor sits? It's the same whether it's 6 bolt or centrelock (and you can get adaptors to convert one disc fitting type to the other too).

Last edited:
OP
OP
cosmicbike

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I'm thinking replacement wheel, simply because I'm looking for a hub dynamo and the place I'm thinking of buying from does them with a centrelock hub, but not 6 bolt. Assuming the rotor is the same diameter is it fair to say it should be a drop in replacement? I figure I may have to re-align the caliper but that's about all..

si_c

Guru
I can only find adaptors to fit 6 bolt rotors to a centre lock hub, not the other way round.
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/shimano-centre-lock-adaptor-sm-rtad05-/rp-prod130953

Please can someone post a link for an adaptor to fit a centre lock rotor onto a 6 bolt hub?
There aren't any, you can mount a 6 bolt rotor using an adaptor, but not the other way, as the rotor position would by necessity be moved outboard.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
That's what I said could be done. I am waiting for someone to post the 'other' adaptor.......
There aren't any, you can mount a 6 bolt rotor using an adaptor, but not the other way, as the rotor position would by necessity be moved outboard.
I know that, my request for someone to post the other adaptor was 'tongue-in-cheek' after two people confidently claimed you could go either way (although I see one person has edited that claim out of their post after I originally posted :rolleyes:).

Top Bottom