Discarded drinks....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
On a 25 mile ride around the lanes of Sussex, north of Brighton, I've conducted an entirely unscientific survey of the type and brand of drinks scumbags people have lobbed into the hedgerows and laybys.
Joint winners are...
1. Red Bull and Stella - 18 each
2.Water
3.Fosters (I didn't know anyone still drank that shite)
4.Kronenburg
5.Coke - various
6.Coffee
7.Monster
8.Lucozade
9.Rum
10.G&T
We don't drink Fosters in Oz, that's why we exported it ti the Poms!

Mike

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I know I'm kinda new here

but of all the things I have seen you post I agree with this more than anything
For goodness sake, don't encourage him!

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Wait till the gyms reopen on Monday. The 'must have a bottle of water in my hand to sip out of all the time when exercising' brigade think the grass verges round here are their bin. One #@~!! even chucks his half full (of knob head body building milky type) glass drink bottle on the path leading to my flat! There it is half full,with all the stuff pouring out onto the path!:cursing: Mind you,the meat head,steroid abusing gym owner (his neck looks wider than my thigh:ohmy:) refuses to pay a bit more on his business council tax for a bin outside his premises.

I'm gonna have a word with meat head about this!!:ninja:

Wish me luck!!:unsure:

Last edited:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
In Denmark, most of our drinks cans and plastic bottles have Pant (Tax) on them. There is a label on the side of the can or bottle indicating it. You take the can or bottle to almost any supermarket and drop it into a machine. It prints out a receipt. Different size bottles and cans give you different amounts of money. You take the receipt into the supermarket and use it as cash. People go out and scour the hedgerows for bottles and cans. They go through bins and walk round town trying to find them. Its like a national hobby. A great way of keeping the place clean. A really good way for walkers and touring cyclists to pay for cake.

The lanes I cycle on are full of discarded rubbish . It's not only drinks cans but take away food containers and plastic bags of household rubbish .
I agree with people saying that some people's attitude is disgusting . We see the aftermath of these large gatherings with all of the litter strewn everywhere. It's not new though ! I've seen the litter left after a pop concert in Reading from a train and this was back in the 90's. They should be kept locked in until the place is cleaned up .
Deposits on drinks bottles was one way that my friend and I used to use to buy crisps, sweets and pop from our local pubs . We used to find them lying in the ditches or by the side of the road. We got to know which pub sold which drinks . One was Courage and one was Ushers .
Government just needs to impose deposits on drinks cans and bottles , they did it on plastic bags .
I have done a little bit towards litter picking , not much but I have recycled an electric pedal car which was just dumped in a stream . With a little bit of work , a couple of fuses, a switch and 12 volt battery I now have a car which my grandson enjoys playing with . A couple of weeks ago I found a 1960's Dawes cycle which I have now got working again . Sadly the ceramic table lamp and Qualcast Cheetah lawn mower were scrapped . My wife has limits on what I can collect .

Drago

Legendary Member
Thing is, in the past id often pick up a bit of litter in the street and dispose of it accordingly. Now though the fear is that it was dropped 2 minutes ago by someone with the 'rona, who was wiping the snot off their face with the back of their hand (the sort of twit who'd drop litter is also liable to be the sort of twit to do that) so now I leave it be.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Sadly the UK government has delayed the introduction of a deposit return scheme again.

Start DNA testing litter and then make the culprits pay for the clean up and the cost of implementing the tracking of them. Law-abiding citizens (or subjects, as we‘re in the UK) would probably take that as a hint that they need to tidy up after themselves (they won’t be on the DNA database) and we just charge the criminal element more.

It’s about time that, as well as applying punishment for convicted offenders, we start to recoup the cost of policing and prosecution from them.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Start DNA testing litter and then make the culprits pay for the clean up and the cost of implementing the tracking of them. Law-abiding citizens (or subjects, as we‘re in the UK) would probably take that as a hint that they need to tidy up after themselves (they won’t be on the DNA database) and we just charge the criminal element more.

It’s about time that, as well as applying punishment for convicted offenders, we start to recoup the cost of policing and prosecution from them.

If only!

We would have to catch them first of course.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Not bottles or drinks,but i thought i'd post these pics.They appeared on a hometown facebook page this morning. The council only cleaned this road up the other day,after some skank had dumped loads of builders rubbish! :angry:

1617883632490.png

1617883665946.png

1617883693704.png

Top Bottom