Disgusted! Marathon+ tyres folded in transit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
MacB said:
When I got my Marathon Winter studded tyres they were done in the 3 loop manner, worked fine etc. But I didn't take a lot of care when unfolding, those studs hurt when they wop you like that:biggrin:

MacB and stud in the same sentence - never been seen before;)

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
rich p said:
MacB and stud in the same sentence - never been seen before;)

just when I think you can't get any funnier, you don't

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I thought the supremes or whatever they are called fold, some more obscure Marathon tyre that size does.

MacB

Crankarm said:
Is it possible to get foldable Marathon XRs ie not metal beaded, so they can be carried in panniers?

I find the US Schwalbe site better for searching on, you can go by ERTO and it'll show you all tyres they do of that size. For example this link shows the 32-622 tyres :-

http://www.schwalbetires.com/product_search?op0=OR&filter0[]=622-32

the list includes some of the properties for each tyre, including bead, weight and punture protection, though you may need to look at some of the tyres individually to get an idea of their suitability.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
MacB said:
I find the US Schwalbe site better for searching on, you can go by ERTO and it'll show you all tyres they do of that size. For example this link shows the 32-622 tyres :-

http://www.schwalbetires.com/product_search?op0=OR&filter0[]=622-32

the list includes some of the properties for each tyre, including bead, weight and punture protection, though you may need to look at some of the tyres individually to get an idea of their suitability.

Being a road cyclist I didn't realise just how heavy those Marathon+ tyres are - 800gm !!! Is it possible to get anything heavier?

MacB

youngoldbloke said:
Being a road cyclist I didn't realise just how heavy those Marathon+ tyres are - 800gm !!! Is it possible to get anything heavier?

yep, I've got the 37-622 version:biggrin:

Not really looked to be honest, I'm sure there will be heavier tyres, maybe on a tractor?

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
youngoldbloke said:

Mine are unfortunately heavier than that too :blush:.

Top Bottom