Dish washer or washing up ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Just had a great weekend away and the property had a dish washer so we used it .
At home I am the dishwasher !

We would not have enough crockery etc etc at home to go a day without having to do the washing up or put the machine on twice when all are at home or 4 people.

So do you loath or love dish washers ?

I prefer to wash up .

Last edited:

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
Having had a dishwasher since moving house earlier this year, I would say I like the dishwasher as it deals with the bulk of the stuff like plates, mugs etc. but there's always at least a sinkful each day of other stuff it can't do. So it hasn't taken it all away, but it's cut it down an awful lot.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
We have a dishwasher, and use it regularly. Some things just get washed by hand, though.
It depends on my mood.
MrsPete always uses the machine, even if a quick wipe round with a soapy dishcloth would suffice.

Venod

Eh up
Our dishwasher is very old but still going strong, we discussed not replacing it when it finally expires but Mrs Afnug thinks she will miss it, we don't do much handwashing up, the dishwasher is usually used once a day at night time.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Hand washing for me.
Have had dish washer for years and they are a pain in the 'arris. Use far too much water and electricity for doing the same job that can be done in 5 minutes. There's also the cost of the tablets too, loading and unloading. Stuff not cleaning properly.

Nah... by hand every time. It's not such a chore if you wash up as you go along.

D

Deleted member 26715

New kitchen fitted last year, new dishwasher installed, it's been switched on once that was just to prove the plumbing was sealed

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I live on my own, one cup, one plate, one knife.........

Since I've taken up cycling, mine's never used since I've found it an ideal place for storing bike things: helmets, clothing accessories, eyewear, etc. All the small stuff ^_^

I did use the dishwasher this house came with for about three months when I moved in but then largely stopped doing so since it seemed to me that it took almost as long loading and unloading it as just washing things by hand (when there's only one or two people creating washing up - I can see the benefit for multiple people). I still used it occasionally until its much better function as bike stuff storage occurred. I don't use the small, fitted freezer either - that's bike spares and tool storage in the convenient three drawers (lined with protective stuff, so I /could/ use it as a freezer again).

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Since I've taken up cycling, mine's never used since I've found it an ideal place for storing bike things: helmets, clothing accessories, eyewear, etc. All the small stuff ^_^

I did use the dishwasher this house came with for about three months when I moved in but then largely stopped doing so since it seemed to me that it took almost as long loading and unloading it as just washing things by hand (when there's only one or two people creating washing up - I can see the benefit for multiple people). I still used it occasionally until it's much better function as bike stuff storage occurred. I don't use the small, fitted freezer either - that's bike spares and tool storage in the convenient three drawers (lined with protective stuff, so I /could/ use it as a freezer again).
Wow, what a brilliant idea!

There is a dishwasher in the rental property that I live in and I have never even bothered to check if it works - It just sits there wasting space. I never thought of using it for storage! :laugh:

Last edited:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Had one for many years. Especially useful when both 'kids' were at home.
Now its just us two we pack it up and switch on every couple of days.
Glasses are still washed by hand.

Top Bottom