Dismal Disco numbers...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Boney M - Rasputin

We may mock Boney M (:blush:) but lets not forget their poignant social commentary in the song "Belfast":

Don't forget the ketchup song...and my personal favourite which is 'I lost my heart to a starship trooper' by Sarah Brightman. I accidentally made one of my colleagues collapse in hysterics by referring to the latter in a meeting once (you had to be there), but since then I've been bombarding her inbox with Sarah Brightman memorabilia so she's incapable of anything other than fits of giggles. It's very funny!

Fnaar said:
Boney M - Rasputin

We may mock Boney M (:blush:) but lets not forget their poignant social commentary in the song "Belfast":

i was one of three people who knew the answer to "what are the last three words of that song" at a quiz night last year. earned me much respect from the hosts of the quiz.

SamNichols

Take That were one of the finest pop bands of the 90s, dare I say ever, and I do not wish for such fine numbers as: 'Never Forget', 'Babe' and that one where they rubbed themselves in jelly and danced about be tarnished.

If you couldn't tell, I am being marginally sarcastic. But only marginally, I don't despise them as much as say Westlife.

walker

I think no party is complete till they play Abba.... Anything by Abba. But then you got to add 'Saturday night' By Whigfield and then the 'cha-cha slide'

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Anything by Boney M. When disco was at its height (depths?) there was also an annoying fat bird called Tina something who had a string of terrible number ones (I love to love but my baby just wants to dance is picking its nose in a dark recess of my mind) plus anything recorded in the seventies by three, four or five black American blokes standing in a line in glittery suits and who was that fat bastard Barry something or other with the Love Unlimited orchestra? Musical sewerage.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Someone who didn't know me very well made the assumption that I was gay after seeing me "get down" to Dancing Queen" at a party....:smile::wacko::blush:

Andy in Sig said:
Anything by Boney M. When disco was at its height (depths?) there was also an annoying fat bird called Tina something who had a string of terrible number ones (I love to love but my baby just wants to dance is picking its nose in a dark recess of my mind) plus anything recorded in the seventies by three, four or five black American blokes standing in a line in glittery suits and who was that fat bastard Barry something or other with the Love Unlimited orchestra? Musical sewerage.

tina charles

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Fnaar said:
Someone who didn't know me very well made the assumption that I was gay after seeing me "get down" to Dancing Queen" at a party....:biggrin::wacko::smile:
Or maybe they knew you just a little bit toooooooooooo well ! :biggrin: :blush:

Anybody mentioned The Birdie Song yet ?

Sad thing as well is that I'm starting to do the "locomotive" dance more and more.
God help me, I'm turning into me Dad !!

domtyler

Über Member
-Tainted Love

-Don't leave me this way

Okay, maybe these should not in a 'Dismal' thread, but have to be played at the 2007 CycleChat Chistmas Disco anyway.

Top Bottom