Dismal Disco numbers...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
domtyler said:
-Tainted Love

Okay, maybe these should not in a 'Dismal' thread, but have to be played at the 2007 CycleChat Chistmas Disco anyway.

only if it's the 12" Soft Cell version that goes into 'where did our love go'.

i saw Marc Almond at the same restaurant i was having my leaving do in the other week. he came in after us and left before - he was just saying hello and waving goodbye, i guess.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
domtyler said:
-Tainted Love

-Don't leave me this way

Okay, maybe these should not in a 'Dismal' thread, but have to be played at the 2007 CycleChat Chistmas Disco anyway.
I have on vinyl a rockabilly version of Tainted Love by Dave Philipps and the Hot Rod Gang...it's very good if you like that sort of thing!
HEY! How about a Cycle Chat Virtual Xmas Disco? We agree tracks, put them in order on our iPods (or similar), agree a time, then play songs all in the agreed order, dance away and also check posts from time to time so we can try to virtually cop off! :blush:

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Actually it would be easier to name the disco numbers which could be regarded as music (by disco I mean the trash which was produced in the dismal seventies):

Rock Your Baby - George McCrae
Shame On You - (was that Shirley and Company?)
Rock The Boat - Forgotten who did this
Machine Gun - The Commodores

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Fnaar said:
I have on vinyl a rockabilly version of Tainted Love by Dave Philipps and the Hot Rod Gang...it's very good if you like that sort of thing!
HEY! How about a Cycle Chat Virtual Xmas Disco? We agree tracks, put them in order on our iPods (or similar), agree a time, then play songs all in the agreed order, dance away and also check posts from time to time so we can try to virtually cop off! :blush:

A rockabilly version of Tainted Love!!??? Sounds as grim as a reggae version of Silent Night.

Don't remember the song (from the late 70s), but everyone sat on the floor and looked like they were rowing a boat; someting like 'oops up side your head, I said oops up side your head'! It was bloody awful.

domtyler

Über Member
Dayvo said:
Don't remember the song (from the late 70s), but everyone sat on the floor and looked like they were rowing a boat; someting like 'oops up side your head, I said oops up side your head'! It was bloody awful.

Er, I believe that one was called "Oops up side your head" by the Gap band.

Membrane

For some strange reason last night after my head had hit the pilow KC and the Sunshine Band's - Boogie Man popped into my head, made me giggle.

Can't decide whether that falls into the good, or bad disco category though

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Membrane said:
For some strange reason last night after my head had hit the pilow KC and the Sunshine Band's - Boogie Man popped into my head, made me giggle.

Can't decide whether that falls into the good, or bad disco category though

Anything by KC and the Sunshine band is fine by me!

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
domtyler said:
-Tainted Love

-Don't leave me this way

Tainted Love by Soft Cell is awful, but the original Gloria Jones Northern Soul version is fantastic.

Top Bottom