Disney's snow white comes under fire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well quite, I tend to think of it as what is Bombadil?
Goldberry the River-Woman's daughter said:
Shut up Goldberry, you're not helping

For someone who claims not to care about this Snow White story you appear to be quite invested in it. Nearly 20 posts! That's an awful lot of not caring. The word "frightened" was used on more than one occasion, although you subsequently backed down from what was clearly a moment of self-awareness.

It's a terrible thing, the fear of becoming irrelevant. That the world is becoming an incomprehensible place that is passing you by.
I grapple with it regularly, in between my bouts of cancelling deceased sci-fi authors.
It's the realisation that the World contains people of the sort that agree with the article in question that I find unbelievable, until reading some of the opinions on subjects on here I genuinely thought these sort of stories were just made up by people seeking a bit of fame.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.

Attachments

• 1624392542108.png
    1624392542108.png
    216.8 KB · Views: 8

Profpointy

Legendary Member
In some lefty council areas its now Janet and Joan, and childrens literature abour straight, white, male, or (heavens above!) all three, has been has been banned.

It's like Fahrenheit 451, but without the matches (because matches are dangerous, environmentally unsound, a symbol of heterosexual male domination, and have links to slavery).

To be fair most of this "lefty council bans black piano keys" or whatever is Daily Heil made up shyte to inflame their readers to gammon faced anger. We can do better than that.

There are legitimate questions on what is outright offensive; what is of it's time and maybe best left there, or what are fun children's stories that maybe need a bit of a tweak here and there.

To illustrate the last point there are some "old fashioned" lines in the original lyrics of the Mikado "I've got a little list". It really doesn't hurt the artistic integrity to drop references to "nigger minstrel show" (or whatever the now unfortunate line is) and add a few contemporary references. G&S's targets were all about punching up, not kicking down and their whole ethos is deflating pomposity and snobbery and the status quo after all.

There are also literary classics like Huckleberry Finn which use a lot of now offensive language yet are morally rock solid of course -context

Last edited:
Top Bottom