Disposing of 'presumed' Live Ammo - Part 2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My earlier thread appears to have been locked for some reason, so I'm not able to thank anyone on it.

So just wanted to say thanks for the replies, I've contacted a local gun shop via FB and they've said they will take them if we drop them off.

Note to mods, I'd love to know why the first thread was locked :wacko:

classic33

Leg End Member
How old is the ammunition, if you're thinking of transporting them.

classic33

Leg End Member
I think he said it's a hand grenade he fished out the canal, although it was hard to hear smokey on the phone when I spoke to him so his watch doesnt half tick loud. Then he said something about finding a shell on the beach.
Sand poured in a small hole drilled through the case should stop the mechanism. Unless it's not mechanical.

Drop them in the bin outside, at the next amnesty.

wisdom

Guru
They will be fine to move.
What quantity and are they still boxed?

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
When I found a handgun in an abandoned house I called the local police station to report it. I thought I was being sensible but They got quite shirty and told me to call 999. The cops took it very seriously.
Ammo may be different.

classic33

Leg End Member
I don't know is the short answer.

I'm going to hacksaw one in half and count the rings :crazy:

Seriously though they will have to be over 30 years old. I'm thinking perhaps the rozzers should collect them instead?
I asked because a relative refused to use any cartridges over ten years old. He claimed they became unstable with age. Never put it to the test.

Worth informing the police you'll be travelling with them. Save awkward questions if stopped.

Top Bottom