Dissertation help- Chance to win £25 Halfords voucher

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

seprocter

Calling all UK cyclists! Chance to win £25 Halfords for dissertation help

Your help is needed in completing a 10 minute online survey regarding your cycling habits and motivations and how these have been affected through the COVID-19 pandemic.

There will also be a chance to win a £25 Halfords voucher amongst completion of the survey.

The purpose of this survey is for a masters dissertation at the Institute of Transport at the University of Leeds.

Please click the link below that will lead to the survey. All data will be kept confidential.

https://leeds.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/cycling-2020

Sharky

Guru
Done.
Didn't enter the Halfords draw - might have done if it was for Wiggle vouchers!

I’ve given you a response but not particularly sure it will be helpful with your dissertation thesis as my cycling habits haven’t changed as a result of Covid, they have been maintained.

IaninSheffield

Veteran
Done.
The purpose of this survey is for a masters dissertation at the Institute of Transport at the University of Leeds.
As a respondent, it's generally helpful (and interesting) to hear what research question(s) a survey is trying to address. The opening statement suggests what the topic is likely to be focusing on, but it's always wise to state the question(s) too. 👍

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Completed

@seprocter I think you are missing something in not asking what someone‘s current employment status is or has been these past 18 months. Whether someone works part time or full time, locally or further away. Whether they were working from home, in an office, on a factory floor, driving a lorry, or retired, unemployed on furlow etc. Will greatly affect the frequency of cycling and type.

I also think the age ranges you have assumed retirement from 65 plus the age bands are not consistent in the range of years covered by each. There’s also a great opportunity to understand cycling of people in their 70s and 80s and in some cases beyond. But you are just lumping them in as over 65.

Last edited:
Top Bottom