Dissertation research (PLEASE HELP!)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JamesShenfield

Hello,
I am in the third and final year of my Mechanical Engineering Degree, and have been tasked with designing and manufacturing a 'Multi functional cycle trailer.' I thought the best way to start of was to do some market research around the issue of cycling and transport in general, so have created this short questionnaire. If you could please complete the questionnaire to the best of your ability (it will honestly take less than 5 minutes of your time) than it would really help me with the research I need to create a quality product.
The link to the questionnaire is here: http://kwiksurveys.com/s/liY0h2wJ
Once again, thank you all very much for your help.

James Shenfield

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
Done. For me a trailer need to be able to take some weight. I will end up welding together my own. I can't cycle to work ever so the only journeys I could consider as instead of the car would be like to the allotment with a small rotovator or perhaps collecting bags of spuds from a farm.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Q6: Does "bag" mean bag attached to the bike, or carried on the person? I use a largeish saddlebag, which might fall under the "pannier" category although it technically isn't one, and carry a rucksack if more capacity is required.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
Done
I'd add 'Hybrid' to the bike list...I put it under 'Other' :smile:
Me too!

OP
OP
JamesShenfield

JamesShenfield

Done. For me a trailer need to be able to take some weight. I will end up welding together my own. I can't cycle to work ever so the only journeys I could consider as instead of the car would be like to the allotment with a small rotovator or perhaps collecting bags of spuds from a farm.

Thank you very much for your response and advice, it has been a huge help!

OP
OP
JamesShenfield

JamesShenfield

Q6: Does "bag" mean bag attached to the bike, or carried on the person? I use a largeish saddlebag, which might fall under the "pannier" category although it technically isn't one, and carry a rucksack if more capacity is required.

I suppose I should change bag to 'rucksack' to be more specific, thank you very much for your time!

Top Bottom