Distance

stephen.rooke

how far d you guys commute to work mines currently 7 miles but im having to move locations in work which would mean me cycling around 30 miles each way. not a hard ride but day in and day out may get boring.. would be great training though :biggrin:

Maz

Legendary Member
how far d you guys commute to work mines currently 7 miles but im having to move locations in work which would mean me cycling around 30 miles each way. not a hard ride but day in and day out may get boring.. would be great training though :biggrin:
I do 7 miles each way.
30 miles each way? Boring is not the word, Knackering is probably closer, in my case. Don't think I could do that day in day out.

OP
stephen.rooke

stephen.rooke

I do 7 miles each way.
30 miles each way? Boring is not the word, Knackering is probably closer, in my case. Don't think I could do that day in day out.
the riding wouldnt be physically draining its more the mental aspect, cycling 1 1/2 / 2 hrs working 9 then riding back every day. could be an option to ride 3 drive 2. oreven drive a certain distance and cycle the rest lol :biggrin:

Cyclist33

About 400 metres each way, though once a week I usually go to my sisters, in which case it's about 25 miles one evening and the same the next morn.

defy-one

I do 22 each way,but not every day. That's a big commute every single day!
I would try doing it Mon,Wed,Fri to begin with. Rest is important

Teuchter

Über Member
drive a certain distance and cycle the rest lol :biggrin:
I think this is what I'd do. Depending on where you drive to, you could even leave the bike locked up there overnight a lot of the time, saving time in loading the bike into / onto the car each time. You'd still be cycling enough to get a good run and keep fit and you'd be effectively halving your car fuel costs.

Top Bottom