Distance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephen.rooke

how far d you guys commute to work mines currently 7 miles but im having to move locations in work which would mean me cycling around 30 miles each way. not a hard ride but day in and day out may get boring.. would be great training though :biggrin:

Maz

Guru
how far d you guys commute to work mines currently 7 miles but im having to move locations in work which would mean me cycling around 30 miles each way. not a hard ride but day in and day out may get boring.. would be great training though :biggrin:
I do 7 miles each way.
30 miles each way? Boring is not the word, Knackering is probably closer, in my case. Don't think I could do that day in day out.

OP
OP
stephen.rooke

stephen.rooke

I do 7 miles each way.
30 miles each way? Boring is not the word, Knackering is probably closer, in my case. Don't think I could do that day in day out.

the riding wouldnt be physically draining its more the mental aspect, cycling 1 1/2 / 2 hrs working 9 then riding back every day. could be an option to ride 3 drive 2. oreven drive a certain distance and cycle the rest lol :biggrin:

Hip Priest

Veteran
30 miles e/w would be a big ask, but on the plus side you'd be as fit as a flea and could eat what you like!

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Just over 32 miles in the day. I could make that longer by adding hills or using the roads, but the prom is fairly flat and much quieter in the mornings and evenings.

Cyclist33

About 400 metres each way, though once a week I usually go to my sisters, in which case it's about 25 miles one evening and the same the next morn.

defy-one

I do 22 each way,but not every day. That's a big commute every single day!
I would try doing it Mon,Wed,Fri to begin with. Rest is important

Teuchter

Über Member
drive a certain distance and cycle the rest lol :biggrin:
I think this is what I'd do. Depending on where you drive to, you could even leave the bike locked up there overnight a lot of the time, saving time in loading the bike into / onto the car each time. You'd still be cycling enough to get a good run and keep fit and you'd be effectively halving your car fuel costs.

Top Bottom