Disturbing Strava Segment Names

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I don’t really do the Strava, but years ago I registered and hooked it up to my Garmin account so occasionally get notifications about stuff. Today I received this…

1648334805021.png

…which I think is my first Local Legend. Apparently I’m the ruler of “PigFarmLumps”, which sounds like a form of porcine mastitis. Is there a less attractively named segment out there? We need answers.

Twilkes

Guru
Grey Pubes TUFF Guy Jumping Lights paints quite a picture of the events leading up to its creation.

THE DALMUIR DIRK DIGGLER is a bit disconcerting, and Gossiping Cow Lives Here is quite factual.

Coming down the Crow Road into Lennoxtown there was one called The School Run (Has Anyone Had A Text From Derek Mackay?) but I think it's been removed...

I don’t really do the Strava, but years ago I registered and hooked it up to my Garmin account so occasionally get notifications about stuff. Today I received this…

View attachment 637231

…which I think is my first Local Legend. Apparently I’m the ruler of “PigFarmLumps”, which sounds like a form of porcine mastitis. Is there a less attractively named segment out there? We need answers.
maybe your strava thingy (excuse my ignorance of such driven things) has been hacked by a cabal of local estate agents.

R_nger

Guru
After one particular ride, I noticed the first letter of a sequence of consecutive segments spelt out a politicians name and an opinion of them (quite rude!). I did take a screenshot, but it got lost in the mists of time. Anyway, I think Strava art is far more creative

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
There's dozens around me that are called variations of Andy lov3s El4ine, 4ndy l0ves Ela1ne, etc.
I have never found out who Andy and Elaine are, or if Elaine is aware of Andy's obsession? :wacko:

I have the KOM on one of them but still none the wiser. They are so liberally scattered that most rides I do starting from home includes one if them. It's been a few years since they appeared so they could be married with children by now?

must say this has all come as news to me

(for which I'm rather thankful)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Scally Alley near me.

I'm thinking of renaming a segment on my commute to 'Dog Poo Bag Alley' given the number of dog owners who can't use the 'bin bags' specifically tied to fence posts at each end for them to deposit the poo.

Mike_P

Guru
Encountered one yesterday which gives visions of its originator being high on something;

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast a bulbous. Got me?

A pointless segment anyway as it is 0.06 mile shorter than the more appropriately named Rufforth-York Ringroad.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Talking of poor road surfaces, @Hacienda71 pointed me at a segment near him called Roadbike Heaven or something similar.
I obviously headed out there asap to have a go on my best carbon bike....

I don't think I have ever ridden a worse stretch of tarmac (I use the term tarmac loosely)! It was bone jarringly, bike breakingly bad, but I beat Hacienda's time and got the crown 👑 so well worth the trip :laugh:

OP
OP
Bollo

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Talking of poor road surfaces, @Hacienda71 pointed me at a segment near him called Roadbike Heaven or something similar.
I obviously headed out there asap to have a go on my best carbon bike....

I don't think I have ever ridden a worse stretch of tarmac (I use the term tarmac loosely)! It was bone jarringly, bike breakingly bad, but I beat Hacienda's time and got the crown 👑 so well worth the trip :laugh:
Top sh1thousery from @Hacienda71. Chapeaux sir, chapeaux.

Top Bottom