Divorce

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I think that's why I'm still posting on here about it, I need to release those thoughts. Might keep posting in here over the coming weeks and use it as a kind of blog!

It might be better all round if you created a blog for yourself. Try www.blogspot.com. It gives you total control over the responses as well as your own entries.

tyred

Legendary Member
I'm feeling a deep and intense anger today, starting to hate her for what she has done,

I have never been through a divorce but did harbour a lot of resentment and hatred towards people who bullied and abused me as a child.

What I did (on advice from my counsellor) was to write them all letters. Put everything you are feeling down on paper, get it all out even if it runs for several pages. You will feel much better. Then put it in an envelope and seal it.

When you feel the time is right, take the letter outside to somewhere quiet and burn it.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Take it easy in the anger department. Women can be very manipulative, don't give her bullets to fire at you. At the risk of being flamed, in circumstances like this women are very good at playing the victim even when they're not. I've seen it happen to too many blokes.

You won't be, because it's a thread that exists to help someone work through a difficult time. It would be nice, though, if people could restrain themselves from using the distress of others to validate their uglier prejudices.

subaqua

What’s the point
I have never been through a divorce but did harbour a lot of resentment and hatred towards people who bullied and abused me as a child.

What I did (on advice from my counsellor) was to write them all letters. Put everything you are feeling down on paper, get it all out even if it runs for several pages. You will feel much better. Then put it in an envelope and seal it.

When you feel the time is right, take the letter outside to somewhere quiet and burn it.

oh there are far better ways of dealing with the bullies later on in life.

I see several of my tormentors now jobless and stuck in a poor life with no chance of getting out of it, and have a wry smile to myself inside thinking about Karma.

Hitchington

Lovely stuff

Excellent advice.

You won't be, because it's a thread that exists to help someone work through a difficult time. It would be nice, though, if people could restrain themselves from using the distress of others to validate their uglier prejudices.

I understand where you're coming from Claudine but if you think I'm using Broughtonblue's distress to validate, as you say, some uglier prejudice then you are very much mistaken.

classic33

Leg End Member
And the comments started out helping him as well. Even if it was just someone he could "talk" to.

This post truly got my goat. Sorry to hear about it. I would have done something else.

Lullabelle

Banana
Your pain and anger are understandable but try to be a man about this. As others have said, she and your/her solicitors will be able to read anything you put on here or a blog so be very careful. Being amicable shows that you are an adult and can behave as such, don't say or do anything that could jeopordise things. It would be more traumatic for your children if you parted on bad terms because they may feel as though they have to choose between you and walk around on eggshells so as not to upset you.

Chin up, things will get better :hugs:

Top Bottom