1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DIY 2 piece flag pole

Discussion in 'Recumbents, Trikes and HPVs' started by m6mal, 5 Jan 2018.

Tags:
  1. m6mal

m6mal Regular

just saved some cash making a flag pole for my trike, cost me nothing as i had some solid aluminium and a top of a carbon fibre carp pole to hand. Now i need to make a flag, i need a hiviz vest without micro holes in to make the flag

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG

Ganymede, mjr, Cycleops and 1 other person like this.
  2. Cycleops

Cycleops Veteran

Ingenuity is ingrained in the British dna.

I recently made a chain protector for my chain stay from a piece of old inner tube.

Edit: still waiting for those bike pics!

3. OP
    OP
    m6mal

m6mal Regular

pics are slow coming as it is in living room and no room for me to take pics lol it took me n wife to negotiate doors etc in our flat. when i get locks n alarms sorted it can live in lobby next to my door then i will take pics...... I have cadged a couple of hi viz vests to make a flag and maybe use the reflective strips aswell

4. OP
    OP
    m6mal

m6mal Regular

i also need to make some pedal straps aswell, why buy if you can DIY

5. voyager

voyager E- tadpole Triker

l used a " warflags" 9x 6" union flag from fleabay and a practice golf ball as an eye defender.
    works well without a lot of drag .

regards Emma

m6mal likes this.
  6. voyager

spd pedals are safer.

7. numbnuts

numbnuts Guru

spd shoes are so much better, if your foot come out at speed you'll be off to the hospital that's for sure

8. cosmicbike

cosmicbike Perhaps This One.....

Looking good. I used 6mm fibreglass tubing for mine, and topped it off with a flag from Rainbow Kites. They have a nice range of flags.

9. OP
    OP
    m6mal

m6mal Regular

makin my own flag from hi viz vests as money is tight after buying my new trike lol

10. Andrew1971

Andrew1971 Senior Member

Hi M6Mal welcome to the forum.
    Your trike look's like an older KMX trike.
    Andrew

11. OP
    OP
    m6mal

m6mal Regular

yeah it is an X class although it has disc brakes on all wheels (rear wheel is parking brake)and added 2 mirrors and pannier rack and bag, 24 gears and also although it has brand new tyres fitted i was given a complete spare set brand new aswell. i picked it up from london yesterday for 550

Andrew1971 likes this.
  12. Spds pedals and MTB shoes are what I used to use on my trike. Far better than straps and you can walk around in MTB shoes without any problem.

13. voyager

WP_20170824_11_26_45_Pro.jpg here are a couple l made earlier , fishing rods with a 6mm bolt body fillered into the end and warflags with practice golf balls on top

regards Emma

m6mal likes this.
  14. OP
    OP
    m6mal

m6mal Regular

looking good

15. voyager

currently working on a 1 metre red led USB powered light stick for the rear.
    More details will follow once i finish the pole and leds will plug directly into the main battery.
    regards Emma

m6mal likes this.