DIY Hair trimmers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slowgrind

I've used Babyliss for a long time now with only one reservation. The last time that I trimmed my pubes with it I came down with double pneumonia that almost killed me! Barber beware!

Stephenite

Membå
Wahl.

Bought a simple mains-powered one over 20 years ago and has never failed.

Have to cut my hair every 2-3 weeks so its had a lot of use. Just needs oiling every once in a while. (I use bike oil :smile: )

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Did this myself about 9 years ago. Wife now cuts my hair - last time I paid someone to do it was the day before my wedding in, err, 2004, I think... The only problem I had was on New Year's Eve 2007 (awaiting 2008). Wife was very ill, about to go out on my own, tired and generally fractious, Christmas not having gone well. Started shaving my head, almost finished, checked my head, and realised that I had forgotten the plastic comb bit, and had given myself a No.0!

I agree that you need help for the neck line. Round the ears are best done by yourself.

I would advise against a Babyliss. Mine broke down after about 4 years. Now got a Remmington that seems much better made.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I've had mine for over 25 years. The make is Oster, they're actually dog clippers but are the same thing although they're pretty sturdy. The box had a nice picture of a clipped poodle or some such on it.

Woof woof!!

BlueDog

Veteran
I've had mine for over 25 years. The make is Oster, they're actually dog clippers but are the same thing although they're pretty sturdy. The box had a nice picture of a clipped poodle or some such on it.

Woof woof!!

There's nothing wrong with dog clippers - I use them all the time!

Not sure about the poodle though
ohmy.gif

bauldbairn

Woof woof!!

:tongue: - :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: - :thumbsup:

Top Bottom