Dizzy after workout

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bill Gates

I experienced a new phenomenon today at the end of my workout. While warming down I suddenly felt slightly dizzy. This led to a feeling of nausea and I had to grab a chair for a few moments. This was after I had completed a very pleasing set of exercises in which I had improved a lot from the last time. Possible that I overdid the exertion a tad. I drank some water but still feel a bit light headed an hour later.

Anyone else had this?

CXRAndy

Guru
Have you eaten a little after. You could have sugar depleted yourself with a hard session

OP
OP
Bill Gates

Bill Gates

Have you eaten a little after. You could have sugar depleted yourself with a hard session
No not yet. I had a cooked breakfast around 9.00 am but nothing since. Last time I did my training I hadn't eaten anything at all and had no problems. I think I put too much into the work out this time.

Iron levels could be low. This happens to me when I am borderline anemic and need iron tablets to bring me back up to normal levels.

Mrs M

Guru
I felt very dizzy once after a swimming session.
Hadn’t eaten that day and though I’d manage 60 lengths, no problem.
Silly me!
Best get it checked though.
Best wishes.
xx

presta

Guru
I get this from time to time. Not really sure what it is, but sometimes it's definitely low blood sugar, and other times I've suspected it might be dehydration. I have an arrhythmia, so in my case TIAs may be another possibility. On a couple of occasions I've walked into a hostel reception at the end of a days cycling and found that my fingers were paralysed and I was unable to write on the registration form.

OP
OP
Bill Gates

Bill Gates

I get this from time to time. Not really sure what it is, but sometimes it's definitely low blood sugar, and other times I've suspected it might be dehydration. I have an arrhythmia, so in my case TIAs may be another possibility. On a couple of occasions I've walked into a hostel reception at the end of a days cycling and found that my fingers were paralysed and I was unable to write on the registration form.
I've had 2 heart attacks last one 2007 so I'm a little anxious about it. I also have an irregular heart beat. My blood pressure is much higher than usual and my pulse is very high. I did have a very dry mouth so drank some water. I sometimes get motion sickness and am not a very good passenger in a car especially around the country lanes around where I live. Once I get an episode where I am totally sick and have to lie down then the symptoms stay with me for some time afterwards. This is a bit like that. Anyway I'll sit it out and take it easy.

Thank you for your replies much appreciated.

presta

Guru
I've had 2 heart attacks last one 2007 so I'm a little anxious about it. I also have an irregular heart beat. My blood pressure is much higher than usual and my pulse is very high. I did have a very dry mouth so drank some water. I sometimes get motion sickness and am not a very good passenger in a car especially around the country lanes around where I live. Once I get an episode where I am totally sick and have to lie down then the symptoms stay with me for some time afterwards. This is a bit like that. Anyway I'll sit it out and take it easy.

Thank you for your replies much appreciated.
Sometimes I get in from a long day and feel dizzy/nauseous/headache, and just want to lay down and wait for it to pass. From experience though, I now know that I need to eat. Big time. Hundreds of calories fixes it. Other times I get up for a pee in the night and am staggering around like I'm drunk, bouncing off the walls. I had that again last week, not sure what that is. Another occasion I was walking across a zebra crossing and I felt myself start to keel over. I managed to catch the fall, but when I tried to continue I couldn't make my leg move. Some evenings after a long ride I find that the sight of fast moving images on TV makes me fell sick.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I experienced a new phenomenon today at the end of my workout. While warming down I suddenly felt slightly dizzy. This led to a feeling of nausea and I had to grab a chair for a few moments. This was after I had completed a very pleasing set of exercises in which I had improved a lot from the last time. Possible that I overdid the exertion a tad. I drank some water but still feel a bit light headed an hour later.

Anyone else had this?

Possibly an effect of the eating regime you are doing - referring to your other thread.

pawl

Legendary Member
I would suggest you see your go.Had a similar problem that once my went above approximately 110 to 120 I felt feint and passed out a couple of .Went to myGp who did an echo cardio gram .Heart beat was missing an occasional beat.Refered me to a cardiologist for examination which consisted of putting inserting a cannula up my groin and into my heart [ under local anaesthetic:smile:.painless .

Result showed that one of the flaps in the aortic valve was not opening fully restricting blood flow..In hospital within two weeks.Valve replaced.Discharged within 5 days Allowed to use the turbo immediately.No restriction on effort.Back on bike after eleven weeks Because the sternum needs to be split to open the. chest cavity ,restrictions on any thing physical eg mowing lawn play golf etc..The restriction to-riding on the road was in the event of a fall splitting the Sternum.

If it helps to allay any concerns about surgery i was73 when I underwent surgery .

Hope you get this resolved.

OP
OP
Bill Gates

Bill Gates

I am in ketosis from a keto diet and one of the symptoms that occur is evidently dizziness and nausea as the body adjusts to burning ketones. This is called keto flu. On the other hand I am being cautious so will monitor my blood pressure and pulse very closely.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Post Exercise Hypotension (reduced blood pressure in the hours following exercise) is quite common. I have it and I've had it all my life. If I do a hard bike ride, sit down for a while and then stand up quickly I often feel dizzy. This can be several hours after the end of the bike ride
It is more common in people with Hypertension (high blood pressure). Mine is on the high side but not enormously so.

It's probably worth getting your normal blood pressure checked out to make sure it isn't too high

https://www.nature.com/articles/1001377

Top Bottom