Dizzy after workout

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mattk50

MattK50
Given the speed and distance are nonsense, how do you know the calories is anywhere close to reality?

have you had your blood pressure checked recently? High can cause issues (esp as it’ll get higher with exercise) as can low BP, more so if dehydrated
The calories look comparable to a friends who cycles outdoors for same time/cadence except his distance is 3 times mine but yes I agree it's not exact. Never had problems with BP and was tested a few months back.

CXRAndy

Guru
220-age is not an accurate way to see max HR

vickster

Legendary Member
The calories look comparable to a friends who cycles outdoors for same time/cadence except his distance is 3 times mine but yes I agree it's not exact. Never had problems with BP and was tested a few months back.
But you haven’t been anywhere if you’re using a turbo :scratch:
Also, weight, if inputted into an app, has an impact on the calories guesstimate. Are you and he the same weight?

Mattk50

MattK50
220-age is not an accurate way to see max HR
I thought the calculation was this and then you multiply it by 70% or so to get the most effective aerobic HR? I realise you can get a lot more scientific though but as a broad guesstimate?

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I thought the calculation was this and then you multiply it by 70% or so to get the most effective aerobic HR? I realise you can get a lot more scientific though but as a broad guesstimate?

No and it particularly falls down when you get into your 50’s and older. There’s a lot of variation with max HR yours may be 20 bpm or 20 bpm below we don’t know. I have a friend about your age, max HR 194. It also will be different between cycling and running etc, higher for running. Best way is to go as hard as you can for 20 mins and see where your HR ends up. Do it on the turbo if that suits. Don’t forget warm up and a cool down afterwards.

Mattk50

MattK50
No and it particularly falls down when you get into your 50’s and older. There’s a lot of variation with max HR yours may be 20 bpm or 20 bpm below we don’t know. I have a friend about your age, max HR 194. It also will be different between cycling and running etc, higher for running. Best way is to go as hard as you can for 20 mins and see where your HR ends up. Do it on the turbo if that suits. Don’t forget warm up and a cool down afterwards.
If I went as fast as I could for 20 minutes it would definitely make me feel dizzy/anxious and a bit queer afterwards.

Jody

Stubborn git
The calories look comparable to a friends who cycles outdoors for same time/cadence except his distance is 3 times mine but yes I agree it's not exact.

If you want a rough idea of calories burned then go for about 500 per hour at a reasonable pace.

vickster

Legendary Member
If you want a rough idea of calories burned then go for about 500 per hour at a reasonable pace.
Yep, 30-40 a mile

Jody

Stubborn git
Yep, 30-40 a mile

Depends on what and where you ride. 15-20 mile off road in the peaks would be more like 100-125 per mile.

I try to not look at it as there is a temptation to make up the lost calories with cake :hungry: :whistle:

vickster

Legendary Member
Depends on what and where you ride. 15-20 mile off road in the peaks would be more like 100-125 per mile.

I try to not look at it as there is a temptation to make up the lost calories with cake :hungry: :whistle:
And how much you weigh. Someone who’s 20 stone will burn more than someone who’s 10 stone

Mattk50

MattK50
I'm warming up now before cycling and cooling down in the last ten minutes with a lower gear. I'm trying to keep my HR in the 150's in the peak though. Feel fine after the below.

1588072960977.png

Top Bottom