DMR V12 pedals - advice on adjusting grub screws?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gmtfd

Hi all

After a couple of rides using my new DMR V12 pedals I want to wind the grub screws in, in order to be able to move my feet around a bit more. Even though the pedals are almost new the screws are bloody hard to shift, and I'm worried about causing damage by applying too much force. Does anyone have any tips on the correct way to wind these screws in and out?

Many thanks in advance for any tips / advice!

Gareth

Drago

Legendary Member
Use a hard finished, good quality Allen key.

Jody

Stubborn git
Are you sure they aren't already wound in to their limit? Normally you need small grub screws.

OP
OP
G

gmtfd

Thanks chaps! Just ordered up a Park Tool p-handled 2mm hex wrench, hopefully will do the job.

OP
OP
G

gmtfd

Yes I know the pins are there to stop your feet moving about, but I also bought some Five Ten Freeriders to use with the pedals and the combination is just too damn sticky ... I just want to wind the pins in a little to give slightly more freedom of movement.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Yes I know the pins are there to stop your feet moving about, but I also bought some Five Ten Freeriders to use with the pedals and the combination is just too damn sticky ... I just want to wind the pins in a little to give slightly more freedom of movement.

Therein lies the problem: You are just too good. I’m happy to take the Five Tens off your hands then we’ll both be happy. ^_^

HTH

Top Bottom