Do Garmin Express and Garmin Connect not speak to each other?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
This has happened before but can't remember how I sorted it out - or if it magically fixed itself. My ride today is definitely on my Garmin (Edge Explore 820). When I open Garmin Express it assures me that my Garmin is connected, and also that updates are up to date. Then when I open Garmin Connect to try and view the ride, it is not there - and also a message saying updates are available for my device and I should connect to Garmin Express! Arghhhhhh.....

Tom B

Guru
I hate the garmin software (the firmware can be not much better a times)

My 520 is very fussy in relation to which USB cable I use, I'd start by swapping that.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
I don't have a Garmin, but I opened an account and have, until recently been able to read the Garmin files showing upcoming club rides on Facebook. That all stopped some time before Christmas, as all I get when I try to view them now is the dreaded circle of doom in a blank page.

Tom B

Guru
Found the original Garmin USB cable and tried that; still nothing!

This is all sounding strangely familiar, but I cant remember how I resolved it.

Are you liked with strava? is it going through to strava?

#I once noted on Garmin's app they were requesting people get in touch with bugs, problems and suggestions. I contacted them and mentioned about a bug where the app was devouring data, I was asked for more detail and replied before a terse texh bod responded and they basically said "yeah we know, but have no intention of fixing it".

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
My 500 has been playing up lately . The 1000 works via the smart phone but only when i open the garmin app . Its all becoming a bit shoot !

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Are you liked with strava? is it going through to strava?
I am linked with Strava, but the ride hasn't appeared on there either. Garmin software really is the pits. Lost count of the number of times that I connect the Garmin to my computer only to be told it is not connected. I worked out that you need to switch it off before connecting, then once the leads are connected, switch on. But even that method is not always successful. You would expect that by now they might have sorted it out, but no....

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
Have you tried over Bluetooth?
No; wouldn't know where to start to be honest!

Jason

I had a similar issue, and iirc deinstalled, rebooted and reinstalled Garmin express and linked it back up to my Garmin connect & Strava accounts.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
This has happened before but can't remember how I sorted it out - or if it magically fixed itself. My ride today is definitely on my Garmin (Edge Explore 820). When I open Garmin Express it assures me that my Garmin is connected, and also that updates are up to date. Then when I open Garmin Connect to try and view the ride, it is not there - and also a message saying updates are available for my device and I should connect to Garmin Express! Arghhhhhh.....
I think the problem is that Garmin connect has been seeing someone else ;)

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I think the main problem is Garmin. I got fed up with limping along with their unpredictability and ditched them in favour of Wahoo. I won’t even list the issues I had for 3 years.

Seamless Bluetooth interaction between devices, RWGPS, Strava and Dropbox. Quicker than I can make a post ride coffee.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Not having a problem with either Garmin Express or Garmin Connect. Both working flawlessly for me. But I don’t link them into Strava (only RideWGPS).
Garmin Express linking to Garmin Connect linking to Strava was working perfectly y'day. But sometimes it just doesn't work at all.

When it has a hissyfit I've taken to just waiting a couple of days.

sight-pin

Veteran
Just connected my 500 after a very short ride with no problems, although it was a little slow connecting to Garmin but linked to my phone very quick. (wire connection)
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstall GE? that may help resolve the issue.

Top Bottom