Do I have a problem with my credit rating? something weird is going on. any advice appreciated.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
What did your card provider actually say?
They said there is absolutely no problem and no unusual activity.
Strangely, I got an email from Dyson yesterday that seems to indicate that they are processing the order but asking for confirmation of stuff they already know. eg they asked me to confirm my email address. So they email me to ask what my email address is :wacko:.
I have replied and asked them to clarify are the supplying the thing or not.
Sadly I can't phone them.......maybe a good thing with how I am feeling.

vickster

Legendary Member
They said there is absolutely no problem and no unusual activity.
Strangely, I got an email from Dyson yesterday that seems to indicate that they are processing the order but asking for confirmation of stuff they already know. eg they asked me to confirm my email address. So they email me to ask what my email address is :wacko:.
I have replied and asked them to clarify are the supplying the thing or not.
Sadly I can't phone them.......maybe a good thing with how I am feeling.
Buy it from John Lewis 👍
if showing as unavailable, let me know and I’ll find out when/if stock due

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Buy it from John Lewis 👍
if showing as unavailable, let me know and I’ll find out when/if stock due
Thank you.
Its in stock at Currys so the plan is (was) for my daughter to buy it.
What I dont want is to get it then get another one from Dyson.
Problem being, when I email it takes 3 days for a reply but its difficult to phone as the office is closed and people are working satellite from home.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
Just an update.
After the latest email from them asking for my email address:wacko: I told Dyson clearly to cancel it completely. 3 days later they confirmed it was cancelled.
I got my daughter/SiL to order from Argos using their card and I would repay them.
They couldn't get the system to accept their card. He ended up paying via paypal.
Its ready for collection now ^_^.

If you’ve got a credit card and enough free spend on it, it won’t be anything to do with your credit rating. That would only apply if you were applying for credit. More likely that Dyson or your bank thought the transaction suspicious and blocked it.

I use a John Lewis MasterCard and occasionally get this, but JL send a text to me to ask me to get in touch with their fraud team to verify the transaction, then it all goes through fine.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
If you’ve got a credit card and enough free spend on it, it won’t be anything to do with your credit rating. That would only apply if you were applying for credit. More likely that Dyson or your bank thought the transaction suspicious and blocked it.

I use a John Lewis MasterCard and occasionally get this, but JL send a text to me to ask me to get in touch with their fraud team to verify the transaction, then it all goes through fine.
Part of me agrees but.......Dyson sell £600 machines so why should they question it?
Also......
The transaction was approved by M&S Mastercard. They had the money.
Anyway, I got it from Argos and Dyson have agreed to totally cancell the deal.

D

Deleted member 26715

Just a thought on this, if you ever get a SMS asking you to ring a number DO NOT, only ever use the number that is on the back of your card, or go to the bank's website & use the contact us function. NEVER use the number that comes from the SMS

Top Bottom