do i need mudguards on this?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

united4ever

Über Member
replaced my bike with an almost identical one (just 2018 version instead of 2015) following a crash last autumn. the guys in evans said they couldn't get my old mud guards onto the new bike....must have been a bit damaged.

Will the pannier rack protect me enough? I commute on canal towpath.

see attached pic

vickster

Legendary Member
No, get new ones
Even though there's no picture

No pic but if you had 'guards on the old bike you should be able to fit new ones on the new bike.
Maybe Evans didn't want to faff about fitting them:whistle:

replaced my bike with an almost identical one (just 2018 version instead of 2015) following a crash last autumn. the guys in evans said they couldn't get my old mud guards onto the new bike....must have been a bit damaged.

see attached pic
No! But if it is the pennies you are worried about use come plastic bags and duct tape!

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I know someone who uses tescos bags as overshoes but cant see how you could make mudguards out of them.
Tape it to the rack. I did that at uni. Careful not to use biodegradeable ones.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll

see attached pic
I have a section of old mudguard cable tied to the underside of the pannier rack... works well enough if you don't mind having an obvious 'bodge' on your steed.

Randy Butternubs

Über Member
A pannier rack might protect you a bit but you'll still get some mud on you.

I've had a rear mudguard that reached to the 2 o'clock position (or 10 o'clock depending on which side you are viewing from). It kept my bum/lower back clean but I still got mud and water flicked up into my hair and onto my neck.

Top Bottom