Do I or don`t I??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

[QUOTE 4109220, member: 259"]You might notice a bit of difference if you had been used to a VR6 Golf. :becool:[/QUOTE]

Its my second car, the first one was a KA, I've driven as part of my job twice, the first one I spent most of my time driving a 3.5 ton truck but for most of the time I was there we had a 2ltr Cavelier pool car which went very well, my second job I spent a lot of my time my time driving vans, from Ford Connects to various hired box vans.

D

Deleted member 1258

My 51 plate astra does an amazing job, it`s worth nothing, getting rusty around the arches, it`s done 150K, and bellows out smoke when I put my foot down, but it`s completely reliable, never lets me down, and returns nearly 70 miles to the gallon. In a softhearted way I sort of love it!!

Sound like you feel the same way about your Astra as I feel about the Getz, its got 70000 on the clock, its rear wheel arches are more filler than metal and it will do 40 mpg on a good day, but its reliable and does what I brought it to do.

stephec

Legendary Member
Don`t have any kids..............

I could spend the money on fitting a log burner and doing other stuff to the house, or moving to the character property/cottage that I have always wanted.............

That puts a different light on it. :smile:

Renmurew

Veteran
Definitely another vote for keep it. You love driving it, so what if you don't drive it often. It's quality not quantity that counts.

We have some toys in the garage and have been known to take one for an MOT only to realise the only mileage it's done in the last year was driving home and back again for the next MOT. :blush: If you can afford to keep it then do, you'll regret it if you don't.

I love driving it, just need to justify it to myself that it`s worth keeping..................
Sell my very much loved VW Golf which is PURELY a toy, and nothing more??

Think you've answered your question. Some things don't need justifying. A painting, a good book, an excessive number of bikes, a cat. Some stuff just makes you happy.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Sell it or like Brandane says, up the use of it to justify having it. I had an old Audi soft top but hardly used it. I don't have a garage so i had to pay "road tax" and get it insured and MOT'd. At least with a garage you can put it in mothballs without paying anything to just have it there.

Levo-Lon

Guru
[QUOTE 4109220, member: 259"]You might notice a bit of difference if you had been used to a VR6 Golf. :becool:[/QUOTE]
Yes the etra 200+ bhp lol

Milkfloat

An Peanut
A couple of months ago, I sold my toy (another golf). I have not looked back too much. IMO a MKIV golf, even a R32 is not going to become a classic, but that should be immaterial, if you love it, keep it.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Don't let your heart rule your head. Sell it. The car is wasted in your garage and could make someone else appreciate it more.

Top Bottom