Do i-pod shuffles launder well?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

byegad

Legendary Member
IF you drown a mobile device the first rule on retrieving it from the toilet pan, washer, slurry pit, river or ocean is don't try to power it up. Wipe off as much as you can with dry cloth and place the device into a sealed container with uncooked rice, best not to shake it up or bury it in the rice, on top is fine. Leave in a warm but not hot place, like a living room, for several days, then remove, clean and try to power up.

This may, just, save the unit, but if it doesn't at least you've had a few days to use up your foul language for the year!

OP
OP
Brandane

Brandane

Legendary Member
IF you drown a mobile device the first rule on retrieving it from the toilet pan, washer, slurry pit, river or ocean is don't try to power it up. Wipe off as much as you can with dry cloth and place the device into a sealed container with uncooked rice, best not to shake it up or bury it in the rice, on top is fine. Leave in a warm but not hot place, like a living room, for several days, then remove, clean and try to power up.

This may, just, save the unit, but if it doesn't at least you've had a few days to use up your foul language for the year!
^ ^ ^ This is what I have done. Presently buried in a plastic container full of dry rice, and I didn't try to switch it on. I will leave it there for a week or so (got other MP3s as an alternative anyway, but I particularly like the wee shuffle) and then see if it works. If not, I'll be £40 down for a replacement :sad:. I have lost about 4 blue tooth earpieces for phones in a similar manner over the last year; I tend to leave them in my work trousers :rolleyes:.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I have lost about 4 blue tooth earpieces for phones in a similar manner over the last year; I tend to leave them in my work trousers :rolleyes:.
Maybe in future check pockets before putting clothes in the wash?
I washed the back door key once: could have broken the machine!

GM

Legendary Member
I once left a mobile in the wash, it came out wringing!

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Dab it dry and put it in a bowl of rice for a week and maybe leave the rice and the shuffle in the airing cupboard too.
I washed my iPod Touch on a cool wash and after a fortnight in the airing cupboard, it was just fine. I played it today, in fact.

Good luck

byegad

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 3741017, member: 259"]Would you take the battery out ( I know the shuffle doesn't have a removable one, bit for other things that do?)[/QUOTE]
Sorry for the late reply, but yes if possible.

Top Bottom