Do i return bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Anyone replaced their gear wires lately?🤔

Moodyman

Legendary Member
I was wondering if the quarreling over wire vs cable was justified. Apparently, Roadrash is bang on.

A wire is a single solid item whereas a cable is two or more wires running parallel to each other and often bonded together.

Good luck to the OP. Hope you're able to sort the gears.

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
It's the only English on that photo, Decathlon packaging? They do have some very dubious translations on their website and stuff they sell!

I was wondering if the quarreling over wire vs cable was justified. Apparently, Roadrash is bang in.

A wire is a single solid item whereas a cable is two or more wires running parallel to each other and often bonded together.

Good luck to the OP. Hope you're able to sort the gears.

Thanks @Moodyman but I really wasn't trying to make an argument out of it,here is my original reply

I don't mean to sound rude but its the first time I have heard brake or gear CABLES referred to as "wires" by anyone who claims to know what they are doing.

i wasnt trying to belittle the op either,it was the first time I heard (or read ) it, I merely made a statement and someone decided to clever , as they often do , as though its some sort of point scoring exercise.

anyhow as i said previously good luck to the op in sorting the problem.

Duffy

Über Member
After the ripping the OP got for not using (to some) the correct terminology, I doubt he’ll be posting back in a hurry

Top Bottom