Do Not Overtake Cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

presta

Guru
I've never seen one of these before:

GGsGxyHWEAACnsg?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Is it just a roadworks related temporary sign?

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Not uncommon during London roadworks

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
2 miles of sitting behind a cyclist.
That’s bonkers and just asking for trouble.

Looks like a downhill stretch. If it is a 30 mph or even a 20 then wouldn't be particularly inconvenient even slower riders will be at 20+ mph, albeit some idiot car drivers will insist upon pushing past.
Coming down Snake Pass or the Cat and Fiddle you are quite often travelling faster than the traffic the limit there is 50mph, but you can't go around the tight curves in a car. It is just a question of being tolerant and having a bit of empathy.

classic33

Leg End Member
Looks like a downhill stretch. If it is a 30 mph or even a 20 then wouldn't be particularly inconvenient even slower riders will be at 20+ mph, albeit some idiot car drivers will insist upon pushing past.
Coming down Snake Pass or the Cat and Fiddle you are quite often travelling faster than the traffic the limit there is 50mph, but you can't go around the tight curves in a car. It is just a question of being tolerant and having a bit of empathy.
I was facing downhill when taking that, but there's similar signs on the other, uphill, side.

classic33

Leg End Member
It would be gridlock if there was no overtaking me on an uphill for 2 miles :laugh:
It gets flatter just after the left hand corner, at the bottom of that slope. A newly laid road is visible on the right, near the bottom of the hill.

Besides traffic lights slow things down enough.

Top Bottom