Do Shimano R501 come with rim tape?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It depends where you are buying them from .. some do supply.

DWiggy

Über Member
Both set's I had came with rim tape, but be warned if you do a lot of climbing & ascending they don't last very long I went through 2 sets this year (rims went concave) I now now have a set of mavic ksyrium that were a little bit more expensive but are showing no signs or wear (so far)

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Both set's I had came with rim tape, but be warned if you do a lot of climbing & ascending they don't last very long I went through 2 sets this year (rims went concave) I now now have a set of mavic ksyrium that were a little bit more expensive but are showing no signs or wear (so far)
WoW !
My set on the commuter must be 2 years old and still running true and sound , they do need the bearings greasing but thats this weekends job.

DWiggy

Über Member
WoW !
My set on the commuter must be 2 years old and still running true and sound , they do need the bearings greasing but thats this weekends job.
Yep though I'd got a duff set first time round, they stayed true and I regressed them a couple of times but the braking surface seemed to wear very fast to the extent my pads would only last a 3-4 weeks!! , I do have a hilly ride with some fast braking and thy are used 6days a week but my new rims seem to be holding up just fine.

Bianchi boy

Über Member
Quick question - do the R501s come with rim tape - just about to buy some for a gift.
have you had the offer from Wiggle?^_^

Top Bottom