Do the pro's really pee whilst riding along ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cheshire Celt

Legend
During the Olympics they would hop off and have a quick slash in the bushes

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
During the Olympics they would hop off and have a quick slash in the bushes
I noticed during the Olympics that a great gang of them went at the same time as they were getting out of the more built up areas, but it wasn't that far from the start as far as I remember, couldn't they have gone before they set off?

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I noticed one rider relieving himself (or auto-sprinkling himself might be more accurate) while descending off a mountain during this year's TdF. So, riding one handed at 45+ mph with a peloton all around and a big drop off at the side of the road, there's no way I can imagine myself being able to even consider urinating!

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
OnBikePee.jpg

:laugh:

thom

____
My impression of the rhythm of the pro-races is that having been on the bike for a bit, where the body's position has caused the body's juices to flow a bit and pressure to build up along with a breakaway with non-threatening riders having made it up the road, the patron of the peloton will decide upon a "natural break" by the side of the road.
Those in the breakaway use this pause to buffer their lead but themselves have less comfortable options.
Perhaps they try to direct their fluids - certainly there are more hygenic options for guys than girls but I don't believe pro riders don't just drift to the back of the group for a release at times.

Canrider

Guru
That's my understanding of it. If you follow stage races through the cyclingnews website you'll see the timed commentary occasionally making reference to these 'breaks'..

Top Bottom