Do the pro's really urinate whilst still riding?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 23692

Noodley

One of my mates recounts a tale of when he was riding and thought he felt rain, looked up and it was clear blue skies, then realised it was the rider in front...

oldroadman

Veteran
:laugh: Been there, got the (wet) T-shirt. Sometimes the team leadders get a push from domestiques when they need to unload after all that coffee before the start, all you have to remember is to push from the opposite side from the little stream. A lesson learned early in a modest career! The workers usually sort themselves out, for one on the move a slight descent is best - obvious reasons.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
This is not confined to cyclists. I saw a documentary about long distance sports car racers of the 1950s on the Mille Miglia.
I think that it was Sterling Moss who said.....

" We wore dark overalls"

ayceejay

Guru
At the Worlds in Goodwood back in the day a friend of mine thought he had found a great vantage point on a bend just after the feed station. It took a couple of laps before he realised what the 'spray' that came off the riders was.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Now you know the answer. If you are a team leader, a domestique might even push you along as well (on the dry side!). Has to be done, load of pre-race coffee, 5-6 hours ahead, continuous hydration, something has to be done...:smile:

My old club captain used to tell us a story about Robert Millar crapping into his race cap whilst on the move (in the Milk Race, I think) and throwing it into a hedge... I have no idea how true it was, but it was certainly told with conviction!

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
This is why when one of them needs a new bike from the team car you rarely see the change over- they're taking the opportunity to water the verge.

Top Bottom