Do the seats come out of child trailers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sara_H

Guru
Been thinking of getting a trailer for a couple of years. Today I decided to def get one as my lovely friend who just had a baby by c section last week asked me to do a big load of shopping for her (her partner doesn't drive). OH is away with car, so I was only able to get her a few bits, which made me :sad:.

The trailer will be used for shopping, carrying my Mums elderly dog and I'm hoping to adapt it to somehow carry my sons cycle speedway bike, so I don't need seats, in fact they'd be best removed.

Since pennies are short, I'm looking for second hand, most of which are child trailers with seats in. Are the seats removable in a way that will just leave me with a nice big space inside?

Most child trailers don't gave a seat per se.
The "seat" is usually part of the frame and hence usually folds up with the trailer.
They would still take quite a bit of shopping though.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
HERE you go
It's a bargain, I have the same trailer.
Seat doesn't come out as it's part of the trailer, but there is plenty of room for shopping & storage.

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
Yes, I'm hoping to pick something up locally a bit cheaper sadly.

Yes in the Skiiddii they do, I have Large (twin) and the bar at the top unclips and you can slide the fabric that forms the back of the seat off of it so it would then be one large space the single one does the same, but in the double the "boot" has a lip of fabric that goes about 10 inches up at the back but in the single there is no lip of fabric. I just peered on e-bay and they have gone a bit eek in price we paid new £60 for each of them from the local discount warehouse place there is this one that is a cargo trailer at £57 but no brand on it http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Child...K_SportGoods_CyclAcces_RL&hash=item2c68cb188b

This looks like it is a skiiddii http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bike-Trai...K_SportGoods_CyclAcces_RL&hash=item43c0dc6500

Top Bottom