1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do those whitening and enamel building tootpastes actually work?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Bigtallfatbloke, 8 Oct 2007.

1. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

..or is it all a con?

I am thinking of 'investing' in a tube or two:rolleyes::biggrin:

2. longers

longers Veteran

I don't think anybody knows for sure.

You could do as in the Head'n'Shoulders ad's and brush half your teeth with regular Aquafresh and the others with Spangly Sparkly Toothbleach with added Micro-diamantegritTM.

Post pics and we can judge how well it works.:biggrin: or not.

3. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

good idea...I will do alternate teeth for that fresh look zebra effect:biggrin:

4. buggi

buggi Bird Saviour

i think pearl drops include a whitening chart so you can see if it works or not.

pearly white teeth are weaker enamel than creamy white (or yellow)

5. Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

6. Cyclista

Cyclista New Member

I've been using the whitening version of Sensodyne for the last few months I can't see any difference to be honest. Probably going to go back to the normal one soon.

7. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Miserable Old Bar Steward

Get yourself out to Africa and stalk and catch a Thompson's Gazelle, eat the meat raw, I mean, come on, how many lions have you seen in a dentists ?

8. Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

I was thinking about buying some toothpaste to make me 0.015% more attractive than I currently am. Which would push me over the edge.

I bought a US Telecaster with that money instead

9. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Miserable Old Bar Steward

Now you've got your old avatar back Abe, You need all the help you can get !!!! :biggrin:

10. mr_hippo

mr_hippo Living Legend & Old Fart

11. barq

barq Senior Member

Hydrogen peroxide is cheaper.

12. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Legendary Member

A sonic toothbrush is supposed to be the best thing to remove stains and whiten teeth.

13. jay clock

jay clock Massive member

I have a Sonic toothbrush and it is superb.....

14. terry huckle

terry huckle New Member

My dentist got me using Duraphat 2800 toothpaste because of the discomfort I was getting from a cracked tooth (he prefers to wait for a breakage before he interferes)....it seems to work, bloody well should at £4.50 a tube, plus it`s only available from dentists....it`s got loads more flouride than the normal stuff.