Do we all aspire to a better spec bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Doyleyburger

Veteran
I'm 6 months into cycling now and I will be treating myself to a boardman roadie just after xmas. Not sure weather to get the comp, road team or team carbon model. The first 2 have carbon forks anyway. Hmmm decisions (maybe I should start another thread )

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I'm 6 months into cycling now and I will be treating myself to a boardman roadie just after xmas. Not sure weather to get the comp, road team or team carbon model. The first 2 have carbon forks anyway. Hmmm decisions (maybe I should start another thread )
I have a 2 year old comp, with sram and i always wish i had gone for the next model up, mine was on C2W and i was limited to the 1k but went for the at the time £800 bike.Nowt wrong with my bike and i have upgraded the wheels etc but if you can go with the best you can afford.

Boardmans are all cracking bikes and the £1300 model just got best on test in a cycling plus review .

Doyleyburger

Veteran
I have a 2 year old comp, with sram and i always wish i had gone for the next model up, mine was on C2W and i was limited to the 1k but went for the at the time £800 bike.Nowt wrong with my bike and i have upgraded the wheels etc but if you can go with the best you can afford.

Boardmans are all cracking bikes and the £1300 model just got best on test in a cycling plus review .
I totally agree, the boardmans seem to be great. I have filtered through so many articles and YouTube videos and there isn't really a bad thing to say about them. Haven't ridden one yet ! Hoping @Jason.T could help me out there lol. ;)
The next model up from yours would be the road team, is that right ??? Light weight frame although not carbon.?
Lots of low milage ones on fleabay ?

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
Do we all aspire to a better spec bike?
I don't. I'm fairly happy with what I've got, and quite a bit of what I own would be considered 'old hat' by many people. :smile:

[QUOTE 2818742, member: 9609"]No, I aspire to be still riding my beloved steelie in 20 years time
AboveHownam_zpsebb88b49.jpg~original

same setting as per my avatar, my favourite cycling route, and I aspire to be going up and down this hill in 20 years time too.[/quote]

Wow! That really is just beautiful! Which road is that?

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I totally agree, the boardmans seem to be great. I have filtered through so many articles and YouTube videos and there isn't really a bad thing to say about them. Haven't ridden one yet ! Hoping @Jason.T could help me out there lol. ;)
The next model up from yours would be the road team, is that right ??? Light weight frame although not carbon.?
Yes .
Although just to confuse you if i had the money to buy a bike outright i would maybe look at a cannondale caad 10 or synapse but i know the baordmans geometry suits so if i had 2k...
http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/category/bikes/road/product/review-boardman-slr90-12-46223/

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
No but I do aspire to upgrade it's wheels :smile:

Jason.T

You can take it for a ride if you clean and polish it after lol, next time we go out you can have the privalage of riding it :smile:

Smurfy

Naturist Smurf
[QUOTE 2821866, member: 9609"]I sure you can work it out from this google street view link

plans are in do decimate this place with giant wind mills :-([/quote]
Thanks for the link, you really do have some great routes there, will put it on my list of roads to ride. I agree, a windfarm there would be truly awful. :sad::cry:

tjones

I have 3

Cheap cheerful Chinese bike for anything under 2 miles (trips to town and light amounts of shopping so if it gets stolen I don't care)

Specialized Hardrock 29er – I love this bike

A second hand 80's Peugeot road bike (While I decide what to do on the road riding front)

I would like a fixie so for me I guess it would be n+1

marcusjb

My aspirations are currently around finding a bike for going to the shops on, that can live outside, has flat pedals and really doesn't matter if it gets stolen. I have a nominal budget of £50-100. It is very hard to find something I will be happy with! First time I have aspired to something that costs less than a pair of decent tyres.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I spent ages (too long possibly) choosing the right bike for me. I bought it to last a long time and it will do me just fine. End of the day it's the thing that enables me to cycle and help stay fit. Long ago I stopped lusting for new things. It wasn't just the bankers you know........

Top Bottom