Do we have a mile stone thread?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bluenotebob

Veteran
Nice idea !

Not sure what you mean by "no backtracking" .. can you expand on that?

I guess milestones only rules out any European contributions - but I shall watch the thread with interest anyway.

OP
OP
S

Sallar55

Veteran
This is for Bluenotebob. Kilometre signs are ten a penny in France,

photos - 1.jpg
but Department signs could be allowed.

bluenotebob

Veteran
This is for Bluenotebob. Kilometre signs are ten a penny in France,

Thanks - they may be ten a penny in some parts of France but they're rare round here (in central Brittany).

I'm sure I've seen some old (well, 19th century) distance markers on the Nantes-to-Brest canal .. and there may be one or two on some of the old disused coaching routes (17th or 18th century).

If I can find them, I'll post photos on the forum somewhere - and, if I remember, I'll cross-reference your 'milestone' thread.

Good luck - as I said before, it's a nice idea.

Aravis

Putrid Donut
There's a "1" on the B4211 about a mile south of Upton upon Severn. I would say that I ride that way often but it's over 3 months since I've been out on the bike.

Around here milestones are a bit hit and miss; they're generally not well maintained and many are missing, even in places where OS marks them. I think a lot of 1s may have been swallowed up over the years by expanding towns.

OP
OP
S

Sallar55

Veteran
The ~ Trigpointing thread~ has lots of mile posts in it.... 👍
That thead looks like the place for any random pic.🥱 Now its supposed to be in ascending order, that make it interesting. If you have a pic please try to wait until its number comes up.🤔

OP
OP
S

Sallar55

Veteran
And another post from a person who cant be bothered to read the 1st post. Are these people who just post to rubbish . Eric Cantona was right about the internet. Its a place where you trawl through the rubbish until you find something interesting.😂

Top Bottom