Do we have a mile stone thread?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Leeds- Liverpool canal homeward leg from Manchester. Brilliant ride but running 23 profile tyres on 35 miles of tow path is not advised !
75237824-BC10-45C9-A6AD-170E7B409D59.jpeg

84DBEB18-5D98-49FE-8614-2D1A9641F4C3.jpeg

figbat

Slippery scientist
I saw a low numbered one yesterday so might go get a picture and hold it ready for the appropriate time.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
And another post from a person who cant be bothered to read the 1st post. Are these people who just post to rubbish . Eric Cantona was right about the internet. Its a place where you trawl through the rubbish until you find something interesting.😂
Chill aht.

I posted the "your bike in front of a song", for photos of places name checked in songs. Nobody read the roolz, of course, but the result has been an interesting and amusing thread. So I rolled with it and changed the roolz. And it's much better for it.

You'll do yourself a mischief if you try to keep policing complicated rules.

In the meantime have lots of photos of my bike with milestones, I'll see if I can dig one out with a distance greater than the highest so far which I think is 60.

rualexander

Legendary Member
Chill aht.

I posted the "your bike in front of a song", for photos of places name checked in songs. Nobody read the roolz, of course, but the result has been an interesting and amusing thread. So I rolled with it and changed the roolz. And it's much better for it.

You'll do yourself a mischief if you try to keep policing complicated rules.

In the meantime have lots of photos of my bike with milestones, I'll see if I can dig one out with a distance greater than the highest so far which I think is 60.

Why?
It's not complicated.
Someone posts a photo of a milestone with the distance of one mile to somewhere, then someone posts a photo showing two miles to somewhere, then three, etc?
Those of you who just want to post random milestone photos could always start a different thread.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Last edited:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Why?
It's not complicated.
Someone posts a photo of a milestone with the distance of one mile to somewhere, then someone posts a photo showing two miles to somewhere, then three, etc?
Those of you who just want to post random milestone photos could always start a different thread.

Why?
Just a suggestion. It's the path of least resistance. Otherwise, as @bluenotebob says, it will be like herding cats.
An alternate approach would be to advertise the roolz a bit more clearly - such as in the thread title.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Exactly, there’s nothing in the rules about the milestone distances needing to be in consecutive order.

In fact, if there were such a rule, then the OP would have broken it by starting with 2. There are plenty of zero milestones around the world. Here's the one in Paris. https://www.annieandre.com/paris-point-zero-marker/ (Although as that is 0 kilometres it would be disallowed)

Top Bottom