Do we not deserve our bad rep?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
BentMikey said:
LOL! He was another one who was too chicken to be filmed whilst riding.

Very nice....I must admit all I got was criticism when I put my rides up and it put me right off.

col

Legendary Member
User3143 said:
What's your problem mag? Just because I don't go with the flow in the way I post stuff I am a troll?

I really do think you need to get real, if you want to raise anything with me and what I have posted then please do and I will respond to the best of my ability.

As I have said before, yes I was fishing in your thread about that bus driver, but all the other threads I have been genuine in what I have posted.

However this is simply goes against the grain for some people who feel the need to use dumb metaphors, and post rubbish cartoon sketches. I find it ironic bollo did you did not want to explain yourself and I find it very sad that people on here rather then taking a moment to think about my side of the argument and what I have posted, simply say I am a troll, very sad.

Think yourself lucky he didnt lose his temper with you,:biggrin:

magnatom said:
I certainly wouldn't want him banned!

However, personally I think this argument is going around in circles. It is obvious that Lee will never change his mind, so it is probably best to leave him to it.

Nope I can't see any point in arguing with lee.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Hi Lee!

You seem to be getting a little het up. Let me try and explain a few things so we can all be best friends again.

First the easy bit. My little 'No' to col's question was meant for comic effect. You see, my previous post was long and rambling and col had asked me if I was going to give another long answer. By answering 'No', I was turning down his request in a way that turned down his request. Its really quite clever if you think about it. But, if it didn't make you laugh, I guess I've got to work on the routine (memo to self - rent Chubby Brown DVD).

Now to the meat. I too had my doubts about the cartoon. Originally, I was going to make the same point about self-awareness by telling you about one of my favourite books, "The Fall", by Albert Camus. Camus was an existentialist writer, but he wasn't up himself in the same way that that windbag Sartre was. Camus was also a pretty decent goalkeeper. He died in a car crash while being given a lift by his publisher. That just proves your point Lee, that crashes happen to other people.

Anyway, 'The Fall' is about this hotshot Parisian lawyer who's rich, handsome, has a string of pretty mistresses and is an all round alpha male. A few things happen that begin to puncture his self-satisfied world, culminating in an evening when he fails to stop a young girl committing suicide by jumping off a bridge. After this, it all goes wrong. He starts to get pi$$ed up, sleep with wh0res, upset his friends and generally go off the rails. After a lot of pfaffing, he ends up in a Dutch bar providing legal advice for theives, gangsters and murderers.

The book is written in the first-person, as the lawyer describes all this to a visitor. The point is that, as the lawyer describes his own hypocrisy, foolishness and idiocy, he gradually turns the argument around and accuses all humanity of the same vices.

Pfew! You can see why chose the cartoon instead, can't you! And the moral of the tale - in the same way that you've decided to wind people up in the past, I thought I'd have a go at winding you up. But hey, its only fishing, which isn't trolling, and I've only done it the once. Isn't that right Lee?

Now, because I'm self-aware, I know that I'm being an idiot and I also know I'm pushing my luck with the mods. So I'm going to do the sensible thing, something I've never done before (because I'm an idiot) and add you and col to my ignore list.

Bye.

Top Bottom