Do we not deserve our bad rep?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
And if it's done for safety reasons and winds the driver up?

And you call other people trolls:laugh:Read the post properly.

Tynan

Veteran
I've never yet heard a genuine safety reason

If there is one it must result from bad position and anticipation I'd have thought

'as trolls go'

sounds a bit like 'not bad for a serial rapist'

Cab

[moderator mode]

Troll or not, this is getting a bit nasty now. Deep breaths guys, if you've got specific complaints to make then you know how to make them.

[/moderator mode]

Cab

Where's that bloke from C+? You know, the one who kept getting knocked off his bike when crossing junctions, and argued to the death that it was more dangerous to wait at lights, basing his argument on the misinterpretation of research?

What was his name?

Oh, him! What was he called again... Great sport for a while but it became monstrously tedious very fast.

dondare

Über Member
Where's that bloke from C+? You know, the one who kept getting knocked off his bike when crossing junctions, and argued to the death that it was more dangerous to wait at lights, basing his argument on the misinterpretation of research?

What was his name?

t
h
e
o
s
t
e
g
e
r
s

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Don't think he'll be able to see you, Lee... what with you having no lights and all...

col

Legendary Member
Whichever of the 237 posts you are referring to, it's irrelevant. I'm asking you a question.

Your trolling paul,its very relevant, if i had not have posted,would you still ask me that question?read post 221 again:laugh:

LOGAN 5

dondare said:
When the C-charge was introduced in London a lot of motorists switched to bike, and the standard of cycling fell like a paralyzed falcon.

Would tend to agree with this together with the further influx of cyclists following the 7.7.05 bombings in London.

Many cyclists are also motorists so they know exactly what the rules are and choose to disobey them. Some of course are just rubbish at controlling their bikes and have no idea about reading the road or hazard perception and don't want to spend any money on lights. These "ninja" and reckless cyclists are a real menace at this time of year and very unpredictable.

Two wrongs don't make a right of course but how many motorists go past the red light once they change. I see it at most lights most days on my commute but it would be these drivers too who complain about cyclists RLJing. They just don't see themselves committing the same offence.

Tynan

Veteran
not the same, they run through late in the knowledge that there's a time lapse for the other lights

not the same as going straight through a solid red after everyone else has stopped, potentially with peds crossing

dondare

Über Member
He's the boy!!

Those were the days. A good few hours with him on one thread and GT2 on another.

I put "theostegers" into the search engine and found - guess what - a thread on bikeradar exactly like this one with all the usual suspects and all the same old arguments. However, the lively and irreverent nature of many of the posts made for an unexpectedly entertaining read.

dondare

Über Member
Tynan said:
not the same, they run through late in the knowledge that there's a time lapse for the other lights

not the same as going straight through a solid red after everyone else has stopped, potentially with peds crossing

A motorist zooming through a red before the traffic starts moving the other way is just as illegal as a cyclist dodging pedestrians. The car will always be a bigger danger than the bike, whether the light's been red for 5 seconds or 30.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
User3143 said:
You want to film me BM? Well I am free tomorrow afternoon from about 1530hrs. If you want to meet near Watford or in London (near Euston) and be prepared to ride north out of London towards Watford then you let me know.

edit: read sweetpeas post that is me.

Unfortunately I'm in Winchester tomorrow, looking at a VK2 tailbox for the fujin. Next week sometime? Route sounds OK, I'm not very familiar with it but I expect that'll be fine.

Top Bottom