Do we not deserve our bad rep?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
magnatom said:
Guys, what are you doing!?

Lee is a troll. Pure and simple. He has even admited as much (i.e. that he is on the wind up) in other threads. Ignore him. His position in untenable, but that's the challenge for him. To defend the undefendable. He's a debater for the sake of debate. Nothing else.

At university one of the debates teams jokingly referred to themselves as the massed-debaters. I wonder if this applies here...:ohmy:

There are some threads where its just not been worth feeding him, but this thread has enough interest to try and burn through his static.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Lee, I saw this cartoon and thought of you. I really did. Wishing you the best of luck with stage 2!

chickenstages.jpg

col

Legendary Member
mickle said:
Dubious techniques? Example? Else we haven't a clue what you're on about.

Ah of course not;)If i placed myself in a position on the road so it causes a motorist to adjust theirs just so i can prove a point,or instead of pulling over when i could and blocking in some way,then this is dubious,this is just a small example,but im sure you know what i mean.:ohmy:

col

Legendary Member
Bollo said:
Lee, I saw this cartoon and thought of you. I really did. Wishing you the best of luck with stage 2!

chickenstages.jpg

This is trolling isnt it?Being argumentative even if i am wrong isnt,unless you use that term when you dont like some dissagreeing?

tdr1nka said:
Funnily enough so has driving while using your mobile phone in motoring culture, no great comparison I know, but just as lazily self absorbed and ignorant.:biggrin:

There are a lot of comparisons between the two.Both are dangerous and irresponsible to other road users and peds.(also illegal)

bryce

magnatom said:
Guys, what are you doing!?

Lee is a troll. Pure and simple. He has even admited as much (i.e. that he is on the wind up) in other threads. Ignore him.

+1. I thought everyone knew this. Why hasn't everyone just put him on their blacklists? Why haven't the mods removed him? This whole thread has been hijacked by him. 1,500 posts in a month says it all.

dondare

Über Member
Forum sites which discourage controversy and lively debates are as boring as hell. I never ignore anyone and I think that banning should only be used on spammers.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
col said:
This is trolling isnt it?Being argumentative even if i am wrong isnt,unless you use that term when you dont like some dissagreeing?
Lee is a troll. Its open season.

I certainly wouldn't want him banned!

However, personally I think this argument is going around in circles. It is obvious that Lee will never change his mind, so it is probably best to leave him to it.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I don't think Lee is a troll. A troll, as I understand it, posts purely to provoke. I don't think Lee does. I think he enjoys stirring it up a bit, but I don't, for example, think he posted all that insane gibberish about riding without lights purely to wind people up. I think he genuinely believed what he was posting. Which means, as far as I can see, that although he's a bit of a WUM - 'he loves to tease' - he's not a troll (who, by definition, does it only to tease).

Tynan

Veteran
it's a fine difference between provoking and stirring it up a bit

seems to me there's no genuine posting, only ritual argument, not always of a sensible kind, that's well on the way to troll or at least trolling for me

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
User3143 said:
I honestly don't think it will make a blind bit of difference. To many cyclists to influence and RLJing has in some respects become part of cycling culture now.
True. If you're a complete muppet with no respect for others on the road. :biggrin:

Top Bottom