Do we not deserve our bad rep?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
BentMikey said:
Unfortunately I'm in Winchester tomorrow, looking at a VK2 tailbox for the fujin. Next week sometime? Route sounds OK, I'm not very familiar with it but I expect that'll be fine.

Yeah! My gaff. You can film me if you want. And I can film you. It'll be fun.

Whereabouts are you going for the tailbox BTW?

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Somewhere to the east of Winchester, a kindly BHPC chap is letting me take a look and measure my skates in his one. I really *really* hope it all fits, because the tailbox would be ideal, light, small, and fits the Fujin carbon seat well. The bummer is the 1.5 hours each way in the car, grrrr.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
col said:
This is trolling isnt it?Being argumentative even if i am wrong isnt,unless you use that term when you dont like some dissagreeing?

Taking serious note of Cab's moderator hat, I'll explain the use of the chicken cartoon. First, the title - "The Three Stages of Self Awareness". Now, as I approach my fortieth birthday, as the body withers, certain thoughts come in to sharp focus. Like the growing realisation that I'll never avenge Manchester City's 1981 FA Cup defeat, that it's unlikely that I will take a stage in the TdF (or even the ToB for that matter) or that I will bed Christina Ricci. I'm also beginning to suspect that I'm not immortal.

Balanced against that, I have learned to understand what it is to be a parent and be loved unconditionally by a child, to listen occasionally to other's advice, and that I am an idiot. I am the chicken in the third frame.

An example - I had a financial advisor round this week to sort out various money matters. At one point in the discussion, after picking over some very ordinary interest rates I was getting on some savings, I could see a look in his eyes, a look that said, "You're an idiot'. My eyes met his and they said - "Yes, I am".

As well as being a direct and crude insult, I thought the cartoon reflected the utter nonsense that most of us come out with a good deal of the time. The difference is that some of us are willing to admit it.

col

Legendary Member
Bollo said:
Taking serious note of Cab's moderator hat, I'll explain the use of the chicken cartoon. First, the title - "The Three Stages of Self Awareness". Now, as I approach my fortieth birthday, as the body withers, certain thoughts come in to sharp focus. Like the growing realisation that I'll never avenge Manchester City's 1981 FA Cup defeat, that it's unlikely that I will take a stage in the TdF (or even the ToB for that matter) or that I will bed Christina Ricci. I'm also beginning to suspect that I'm not immortal.

Balanced against that, I have learned to understand what it is to be a parent and be loved unconditionally by a child, to listen occasionally to other's advice, and that I am an idiot. I am the chicken in the third frame.

An example - I had a financial advisor round this week to sort out various money matters. At one point in the discussion, after picking over some very ordinary interest rates I was getting on some savings, I could see a look in his eyes, a look that said, "You're an idiot'. My eyes met his and they said - "Yes, I am".

As well as being a direct and crude insult, I thought the cartoon reflected the utter nonsense that most of us come out with a good deal of the time. The difference is that some of us are willing to admit it.

Oh seeing as you have taken great lengths to explain your crude and direct insult as just a bit of nonsense,thats ok then.If your last line is a hint at something else would you like to go to the same lengths to explain it?

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
col said:
Oh seeing as you have taken great lengths to explain your crude and direct insult as just a bit of nonsense,thats ok then.If your last line is a hint at something else would you like to go to the same lengths to explain it?
No

col

Legendary Member
I asked you a relevant question col.

If you're just going to be silly about it then let's just leave it.

Good answer paul,why did you bother trying to bait in the first place,oh wait dont answer that,you wont anyway,but no need.:wacko:

col

Legendary Member
You've left it then.

Feel free to join in if you've got something of value to add. You could start with answering my question.

Ok paul i will,feel free that is,:wacko:
i wonder why your question which had obvious answers to,and in no real way related to an opinion i expressed,why your so keen for me to state the obvious?mmmmm have you got something you wont admit to then?:wacko:

tdr1nka said:
If motorists could hear cyclists bickering like this they'd have a field day!:wacko:

To be quite honest I am starting to get a bit pi$$ed off with some of the threads on here. We seem to have a few members on here who are hell bent on arguing for the sake of arguing.

If things don't improve soon I'll be heading elsewhere, and I really don't want to do that. Apart from a few trolls I really like this place.:wacko:

col

Legendary Member
tdr1nka said:
If motorists could hear cyclists bickering like this they'd have a field day!:wacko:

They wont at the moment,windows are up,its too cold for them;)

col

Legendary Member
magnatom said:
To be quite honest I am starting to get a bit pi$$ed off with some of the threads on here. We seem to have a few members on here who are hell bent on arguing for the sake of arguing.

If things don't improve soon I'll be heading elsewhere, and I really don't want to do that. Apart from a few trolls I really like this place.:wacko:

Here here,i agree,check some past pages and you will see who they really are,and im not talking of the argumentative people who refuse to be brow beaten and then called trolls by some of these trolls.

col

Legendary Member
It's quite simple. I don't understand where you're coming from, and would like to be clear. Some of your posts are ambiguous, and occasionally would suggest contradiction. So I asked you a simple question to clarify. I'm sure you wouldn't want to be misunderstood would you?

That's all.

Of course thats all paul:biggrin:
But why ask a question that has an obvious answer?

Top Bottom