Do you believe in Evolution?

Do you believe in Evolution?

• Yes.

Votes: 97 95.1%
  • No.

Votes: 5 4.9%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TVC

God made everything - it’s written in the Bible - next question

All books are written by people who have something to sell.

It's evolution for me however I can't rule out creationism. I mean the action of an outside influence to get things going, not the Abrahamic God with his split personalities that compels people to love one another or kill one another depending on what ever is most politically expedient at the time.

Slowgrind

Yes but I always preferred the Quatro. I like that retro style!

taxing

I believe in evolution but don't think that scientists can explain everything. I would like them to try to explain this true story of Maria Forte an ex Miami gang member who became so furious with his girlfriend for going to church so much that he gave her an ultimatum, either stop going or I will come to the church and kill you and kill the paster. One night he set out to do just that and this is what happened:
[media]

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXwpHktYmQs
[/media]
He is now one of Americas' biggest chrisitan evangalists. I think this is one of the most convincing true stories for the existance of God ever.

You don't think the people praying at the church door were possibly leaning on it?

mikeitup

Veteran
As a person who's family were all raised to be Roman Catholics I can't believe I'm related to people who believe a "big being in the sky" made the world and everyhting on it,
without a shred of evidence.
Don't say it's all in the bible because that is just a work of fiction. Do you know how many versions of it there are? What about other creation myths from other religious groups? they can't all be wrong and the christian one right can they?
At least with Evolution it's based on science and reason. theories are analysed, investigated and proved and disproved and re-evaluated. It's the nature of scientific theory.
I think faith is just BS.

Up the athiests!!!!

As a person who's family were all raised to be Roman Catholics I can't believe I'm related to people who believe a "big being in the sky" made the world and everyhting on it,
without a shred of evidence.
Don't say it's all in the bible because that is just a work of fiction. Do you know how many versions of it there are? What about other creation myths from other religious groups? they can't all be wrong and the christian one right can they?
At least with Evolution it's based on science and reason. theories are analysed, investigated and proved and disproved and re-evaluated. It's the nature of scientific theory.
I think faith is just BS.

Up the athiests!!!!

Agghh that's my illusions shattered, you mean a bloke never actually got swallowed by a whale but the bible says so :wacko:

Blue

Legendary Member
I may be stepping on toes here, but if I were talking to somebody who didn't belive in evolution then they would be filed under "bonkers" in my books.

I agree.

The sad thing from my point of view, as someone living in NI, is that some of the ministers in our NI Assembly (DUP members) are in that category!! With 'leaders' like that is it any wonder we have so many social problems in our little part of the great UK. :sad:

Definitely something fishy going on

Dawkinssticker.jpg

dfish_tan_133x200.jpg

fsm90x200.jpg

gavintc

Guru
I believe in evolution but don't think that scientists can explain everything. I would like them to try to explain this true story of Maria Forte an ex Miami gang member who became so furious with his girlfriend for going to church so much that he gave her an ultimatum, either stop going or I will come to the church and kill you and kill the paster. One night he set out to do just that and this is what happened:
[media]

]View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXwpHktYmQs[/media]

He is now one of Americas' biggest chrisitan evangalists. I think this is one of the most convincing true stories for the existance of God ever.

I think you have been duped by yet more of the faction that the church spins. Take a story, sex it up a little and then sell it hard.

Sorry, when I watched that clip, I saw manipulation and control.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I've always presumed that the majority of people believe in evolution, with a few insane individuals believing otherwise (creationism)... I have recently read Richard Dawkins, 'The Greatest Show on Earth', which highlights the worrying figures which show many people throughout America and the UK do not believe in evolution. I've not made this a public poll, o no need to worry about others knowing your answers.

There are plenty of creationists knocking around the UK. Many of them don't cause that much harm. Even the really shouty ones are harder to spot because people are very much more aware of the PR aspects these days and start spinning things subtly in their favour - science is a 'faith' position, there should be 'freedom from ridicule', they just want all 'balanced' view points etc.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
God made everything - it’s written in the Bible - next question

Flippin' eck- what century are we in?! It must be great believing in a god. You never have to bother to think for yourself. Simply ignore rational thought, and explain everything you don't understand (which is just about everything) by just saying 'Well god did that'. Piece of piss really! I don't suppose we'll be free of religious superstitions in my lifetime but maybe, one day we'll finally ditch all this sky fairy nonsense. Making it illegal to indoctrinate anyone under 16 with religious horse sh*t would be a damn good start. Sigh...mutter....grumble...!

Top Bottom