Do you co-ordinate??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

got-to-get-fit

The wife keeps 'tutting' at me as i get kitted out in my cycling gear for a ride. I wear a blue Giro Atmos helmet, a Yellow hi vis jacket, Black DHB shorts and red and white DHB shoes.
Now usually i dont even bother looking in the mirror before i go out but she has got me so paranoid about the fact that my helmet does not match my shoes or my shoes dont match my bike (black and pearl white) that im constantly looking in the mirror and trying to work out if i look ok.:wacko:

does anyone else actually give a sh*t whether they are colour co-ordinated or is it just my wife, who to be quite frank is heading for a lengthy divorce battle.:cry:

im just worried that this will go even further and ill start worrying if my bum looks big!!:biggrin:

Keith Oates

Janner
Your just making that an excuse for looking at yourself in the mirror;)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stevenb

I haven't been colour co-ordinating of late.....until now.....
Just ordered myself a BMC kit with water bottles too.:wacko:. My shoes match.....which is why Im selling my other shoes on this forum.
So as of now Im going to be co-ordinated.:cry:

mondobongo

Über Member
Black and grey helmet and shoes, black shorts and normally a red top with black mitts yep am colour co-ordinated other colour tops can be worn such as CC jersey and co-ordinate sad I know.

User76 said:
It won't be lenghty. You'll get a female judge, your missus will show her a picture and that'll be you zarked:biggrin: You'll be lucky if your bike is not taken into social services care.

Spend a few quid and smarten yourself up man. MrsUser76 and her shabbily dressed running friends spent most of the winter jogging around in baggy running bottoms, fleecey tops and always saying, to my harsh critiques of what they were wearing, "Well it's not a fashion parade". Well it may not be a fashion parade but if you dress like a runner then you'll feel like a runner, then you'll run like a runner. Otherwise you run like a shabbily dressed bag lady. After much going on, they all bought nicely fitting running tights (:cry:), wicking tops and running jackets. Then they all started saying how much faster they were running and how much better they felt doing it, and were much less self-conscious. And they all did pb's in the Bath Half Marathon:thumbsup:

So smarten up, you'll feel better:biggrin:

spot on! Thankyou,

Mortiroloboy

I have a collection of trade team tops and bibs, plus some plain bibs, I got 'told off' by Mrs Mortiroloboy when I put a pair of Lotto/adecco bibs on with a Euskatel jersey, aparently the red panels on the bibs clashed with the orange of the jersey...I dunno!:cry:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Maggot, you are damn right!

Colour coordination is soooo important peeps, if you have very plain kit then accessorise dahlings! Where are Trinny and Suzannah when you need them?
BTW, full team kit is for the Pro's. Full club kit is fine.
So, please get the kit sorted and makes sure you're looking good on the bike!

It's bad enough being labelled as louts.,.

EmGee DK

We wear shorts so tight, that besides cyclists you only see them being worn by male exotic dancers. :cry: I'm more worried that someone will stuff a 5'er in my shorts demanding a lap dance while making a cafe stop... :wacko:

You all have this the wrong way round.........

You don't need to dress to match....

You simply need a range of bikes to match the clothes!

Married men will know the routine....

I need a new pair of shoes because these are worn out

I don't have a handbag that matches these new shoes....

None of my dresses match the handbag

None of my coats matches the new dress....

Actually the shoes don't match the coat, the shade is slightly wrong.... I need some new shoes.

Now apply the same logic to bikes!

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Cunobelin said:
You all have this the wrong way round.........

You don't need to dress to match....

You simply need a range of bikes to match the clothes!

Married men will know the routine....

I need a new pair of shoes because these are worn out

I don't have a handbag that matches these new shoes....

None of my dresses match the handbag

None of my coats matches the new dress....

Actually the shoes don't match the coat, the shade is slightly wrong.... I need some new shoes.

Now apply the same logic to bikes!

Genius.

Frazer

Yep all co-ordinated. Have a blue/white helmet and a blue/black bike....thus I have a plethora of blue tops in various shades...with blue/white shoes to match.

oh dear god shoot me now, I've turned into my girlfriend

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Just thinking about it, yes i sort of do.
I have a grey Altura coat, black Altura trousers, black and white jersey, white/black/grey shoes. But my helmet doesnt match being blue and white.
But my kit matches my bike.

Top Bottom