Do you co-ordinate??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I attempt to coordinate in that I try and get arm/legwarmers and socks etc. that go with my club kit.

It's different on my commute. Due to stuff drying and being in the washheap at odd times I rarely have matching stuff.

At one point last week: Almost completely disintegrated Toshiba team shorts (last pair left in the drawer, it's the last time I'll wear 'em, honest), blue legwarmers, yellow jersey*, blue gilet, white cap.

*It's just yellow, not a replica.

wafflycat

The yellow jersey thing reminds me that I have an odd hankering for a polka dot jersey to wear whilst cycling the lanes of Norfolk.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
wafflycat said:
The yellow jersey thing reminds me that I have an odd hankering for a polka dot jersey to wear whilst cycling the lanes of Norfolk.

King of the Flat Bits eh, Waffly!!

Rob S

palinurus said:
At one point last week: Almost completely disintegrated Toshiba team shorts (last pair left in the drawer, it's the last time I'll wear 'em, honest), blue legwarmers, yellow jersey*, blue gilet, white cap.

:biggrin:
sick.gif

Swine......

I found myself thinking about this when looking out gear for tomorrow!

So, tomorrow I will mostly be wearing........

Beige shoes, black socks, Lusso black bib tights with underlying Nike (LAF) shorts (daring yellow band on leg) a red and grey top and a yellow goretex jacket.

This will be combined with a black helmt and black gloves.

No real clash, even with a silver bike!

Renard

On a related theme, how long do you keep your clothing for? I am thinking of having a clear out of some older stuff (5 years or older). I still have some shorts which are 6 years old this year and although they are still ok should I be getting rid of them for hygiene reasons? Is there any handy rule of thumb or is it ok to wear then until the arse is hanging off them?

wafflycat

Renard said:
On a related theme, how long do you keep your clothing for? I am thinking of having a clear out of some older stuff (5 years or older). I still have some shorts which are 6 years old this year and although they are still ok should I be getting rid of them for hygiene reasons? Is there any handy rule of thumb or is it ok to wear then until the arse is hanging off them?

Well, if you haven't washed them recently, there may be some new life form in there waiting to be discovered ;)

Renard

wafflycat said:
Well, if you haven't washed them recently, there may be some new life form in there waiting to be discovered ;)

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I can categorically state that they get washed after every outing :thumbsup:

wafflycat

Well in that case, they should be fine ;)

Mind you, that shouldn't be an excuse for not investing in some new attire!

Renard

wafflycat said:
Well in that case, they should be fine :thumbsup:

Mind you, that shouldn't be an excuse for not investing in some new attire!

Thats really what I wanted to hear. I've got a bad habit of wearing old stuff when I've got some nice stuff which I am keeping good for no real reason ;)

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
I was OK today however. Blue shorts'n'legs, Cycle Chat jersey (first time out), white cap (top of the jersey is white see..). Almost there, except if i'd'a had some white and blue armwarmers.. made do with black. Blue bike.

Top Bottom