Do you ever get those days...

• Thread starter Deleted member 20519
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 20519

...where you get bored of regular cycling and you want to try something different? I had a day like that today so I headed out to the local MTB trail... on my road bike. I tried out some gravelly paths to start, did them a few times till I was a bit more confident. Then I went for the muddy bits (note:sidepull brakes do not let mud through them, that's why CX bikes have canti's) and then I went for the full circuit including the off road trail which I even found challenging on my mountain bike.

Combine all of those things with foggy weather and wet, muddy trails and you have yourself a good hour! And you know what, I'm going back right now.

Bye!

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
i drove into work the other day (shock, horror) but had the MTB in the boot. went out and blasted through a local trail on it in my lunch break! was good fun! wouldnt dream of taking my road bike on it due to a lot of loose rocks/gravel and me weighing over 16 stone!

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
Off roading on a road bike!! Whatever next...! Luckily I have my old MTB for that kind of thing....I'm not brave enough to take my 'best bike' offroad...too scared of breaking it!

defy-one

i did this yesterday. had a fettle with the handlebars on my hybrid and headed out towards Black Park (Pinewood studios/Dracula/007 etc)
a blast along the paths where a road bike would never be seen!!
had such a blast and more fun than i thought possible. i can see myself using the Specialized a lot more and parking Defy-One until the spring

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
i was gonna use my MTB today but had a front blow out at 20 MPH last night just after a quick descent! tryes blown out at the side :sad: instead i did 27 miles before work on the roadie to make up for neglecting it since i got the MTB!

Get In The Van

Took out my newly revamped Haro Zippo BMX today for a trip to the shops, it was ace, much fun was had. its only a 2 mile round trip but it'll be getting done again on the BMX, plus when i locked it up i wasn't worring that someone might nick it.
:thumbsup:

Oldspice

i did this yesterday. had a fettle with the handlebars on my hybrid and headed out towards Black Park (Pinewood studios/Dracula/007 etc)
a blast along the paths where a road bike would never be seen!!
had such a blast and more fun than i thought possible. i can see myself using the Specialized a lot more and parking Defy-One until the spring

Your a very naughty chap:sad:

D

Deleted member 1258

...where you get bored of regular cycling and you want to try something different? I had a day like that today so I headed out to the local MTB trail... on my road bike. I tried out some gravelly paths to start, did them a few times till I was a bit more confident. Then I went for the muddy bits (note:sidepull brakes do not let mud through them, that's why CX bikes have canti's) and then I went for the full circuit including the off road trail which I even found challenging on my mountain bike.

Combine all of those things with foggy weather and wet, muddy trails and you have yourself a good hour! And you know what, I'm going back right now.

Bye!

I'm old enough, been riding long enough to remember the days before mountain bikes, my regular Sunday club ride always included a bit of off road rough stuff, I remember a ride where we did around 80 miles and 50-60 miles of that was off road, all done on road bikes.

Top Bottom