Do you feel the cold ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I feel it in my gammy leg and I always get a bad chest for a week when the first cold/wet period of weather hits.

But I don't mind the cold and as I grew up in a huge draughty old house with little heating, I rarely put the heating on. That's what jumpers and thick sock are for!

I can't handle the heat, though - even hot summer days in England are too much for me.

will

The cold disappears after a few minutes . It just takes courage to get out the door. If really cold wear lots of layers and a great balaclava

1903411949_33e9efe0f6_m.jpg

Oh I'm ALWAYS cold! Can't remember when I was last too hot in Britain - certainly wasn't this summer. 35 degrees C is about right for me! I HATE getting out of bed in the winter and into my freezing, uninsulated, downstairs bathroom. And there's always someone in the office who's too hot, so opens the windows/puts on the aircon, leaving me shivering. I wear jumpers 11 months of the year. BRING ON THE GLOBAL WARMING....oh, er, I mean, no, of course, melting ice caps, warmer summers, bad, bad.....:blush:

wafflycat

Having lost the best part of six stones since February, I am permanently cold at the moment, having lost my 'insulation'. This means that I'm finding the eating difficult at the moment, as my body is telling me I need to eat as I'm so cold. Adding extra layers of clothing/keeping active helps *a little* but it doesn't stop the cravings. So when I'm out on the bike, even working harder to generate some heat doesn't even solve the problem - even when I've added the extra layers and am in full winter cycling kit. Sometimes life is just plain unfair! :blush::tongue:

domtyler

Über Member
wafflycat said:
Having lost the best part of six stones since February, I am permanently cold at the moment, having lost my 'insulation'. This means that I'm finding the eating difficult at the moment, as my body is telling me I need to eat as I'm so cold. Adding extra layers of clothing/keeping active helps *a little* but it doesn't stop the cravings. So when I'm out on the bike, even working harder to generate some heat doesn't even solve the problem - even when I've added the extra layers and am in full winter cycling kit. Sometimes life is just plain unfair! :blush::biggrin:

Would you like a cuddle? :tongue:

postman

Legendary Member
Wafflycat-A BIG WELL DONE from me also.Now serious tell me how you did it.Someone close to me keeps telling me she want's to lose her jelly belly.And i could do with a loss of around 2" off the waist.40" at the mo.

Cyclista

I don't do very well at either extreme of temperature, too cold has me piling on layers like they are on sale at Lidl :biggrin:, and too hot has me sitting in the shade, wearing only shorts, barely able to move as the heat saps all my energy away :tongue:. I found this summer was just right for me, not too hot, not too cold, able to ride for a good few hours in short and a T without getting too sweaty :blush:

wafflycat

postman said:
Wafflycat-A BIG WELL DONE from me also.Now serious tell me how you did it.Someone close to me keeps telling me she want's to lose her jelly belly.And i could do with a loss of around 2" off the waist.40" at the mo.

WeightWatchers. I eat loads - loads of non-startchy veggies make up the bulk of what I eat. I have turned into a walking compost heap...

But nothing is banned - you can still enjoy the 'naughty' stuff - but that is in strict moderation. It's basically *very* healthy eating.

But as I say, I'm finding it difficult at the 'mo, due to the cold weather & lack of personal insulation, even when having gallons of 'free' homemade veggie soups & roasted veggies to try to keep the internal fires feeling as if they are well-stoked up. :blush:

jashburnham

Last year I didn't feel the cold, cycled all winter in a long sleeve jersey, bib shorts and knee warmers. This year, early november and I'm wearing a base layer, LS jersey, windproof jacket, bibshorts, legwarmers and overshoes! Sitting in the office in a jumper which is unheard of for me, and even having to put the heating on in my flat! Seems a lot can change in a year, I normally look forward to cold crisp mornings and early morning rides but just finding things v cold at them mo.

BTW can anyone recommend a good pair of windproof overshoes that aren't too bulky. I bought some water/wind proof ones from PBK but they are far too bulky and a night mare to get on properly thanks to sodding velcro!

Cheers.

wafflycat said:
...But as I say, I'm finding it difficult at the 'mo, due to the cold weather & lack of personal insulation, even when having gallons of 'free' homemade veggie soups & roasted veggies to try to keep the internal fires feeling as if they are well-stoked up. :biggrin:

The answer is **TEA** (as someone else on here may have already said.......LOTTP??). In an insulated 'commuter cup' type thing so it stays warm for a longer. It doesn't have a lot of calories/fat/whatever, but keeps you warm. I think coffee, fruit tea, any other hot drink would also work. You could put the soup in one of those cups also, it stays warm for a few hours, so you don't have to eat/drink so much to keep warm???

Course I'm still cold even with the constant tea supply, so my other tip would be to turn the heating up!!!!:blush::tongue:

wafflycat

Morrisette said:
The answer is **TEA** (as someone else on here may have already said.......LOTTP??). In an insulated 'commuter cup' type thing so it stays warm for a longer. It doesn't have a lot of calories/fat/whatever, but keeps you warm. I think coffee, fruit tea, any other hot drink would also work. You could put the soup in one of those cups also, it stays warm for a few hours, so you don't have to eat/drink so much to keep warm???

Course I'm still cold even with the constant tea supply, so my other tip would be to turn the heating up!!!!:blush::tongue:

Alas, one is trying all of these and one is still f***ing freezing! :biggrin: The bottom line is my bod needs time to adjust to it's new make-up. One woman I know who lost a shedload of weight was told by her doc it could take up to three years for her body to adjust properly so whe wouldn't feel cold all the time.

Top Bottom