Do you fell shafted by BT ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peanut

well do ya punk ?:laugh:

Ever wondered why calls to 0844 type numbers are so expensive ???

Well heres why. The companies you ring get a credit of up to £0.26p for every call received :biggrin: thieving gits

0844 Call Charges

0844 numbers cost callers from landlines up to 5ppm from any location within the UK.
You will earn up to 2.6 pence per minute for every incoming call you receive, please refer to table below for further details.
Incoming Minutes
(Per Month)

0844 call charges
(Pence Per Minute)

0 - 4,000
4,001 - 20,000
20,001 - 50,000
50,001 - 100,000
100,001 +
Nil
1.50p
1.80p
2.00p
2.60p

Landslide

Rare Migrant
Shaft 'em right back:
http://www.saynoto0870.com/

A few years back an entrepraneur discovered he could make money from BT with their phone cards due to an oddity in the pricing. He was buying lots of cards and then paying people to use the cards to phone his premium rate numbers. Even employing people and buying the cards he was still making money on it. Until BT twigged what was happening of course.

Bigtwin

Piemaster said:
A few years back an entrepraneur discovered he could make money from BT with their phone cards due to an oddity in the pricing. He was buying lots of cards and then paying people to use the cards to phone his premium rate numbers. Even employing people and buying the cards he was still making money on it. Until BT twigged what was happening of course.

I was "invoved" with the aftermath of an online betting line scam. Prepay cards through auto dialing system on the continent dialing into the UK to a tipping number set up by the pre-pay card buyers. Uneven routing charges acros the EU generated millions of pounds a day.

It's piss-poorly regulated indrustry and scams are rife. All of which we pay for in the end via charges. Good eh!

Rip off standing charge just keeps going up and up with BT. They put in a huge hike in price and knock a tiny amout off some obscure charge band and write to tell me how my costs are going down even if my bill is going up.

Crankarm

Guru
I left BT about 3 yrs ago. Their practices were decidely dodgy then. I have no reason to believe thy have changed as they still send me crap advising me that they can offer me a better deal than I currently receive despite their charges having increased astronomically and their T&Cs have become even more onerous using 12/18 month rolling contracts which are very hard to get out of without penalty. Crooks they are indeed crooks.

Top Bottom