Do you love your bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well? Is it true love or is your bicycle merely a tool, an inanimate object, a soul-less piece of equipment?

It's just that, with the arrival of the Contopedale my Black Phantom isn't seing so much action and I feel as if torn between two lovers.

Or am I being weird?

bridge.JPG

IMG_0504 copy.jpg

Some of my bikes I would be more upset about losing than others.

Although I try to ride them all regularly, just to show them they have not been forgotten, 2 of them havn't seen any action in over a year despite one having a pretty decent groupset.

Herbie

Veteran
Well? Is it true love or just a tool, an inanimate object, a piece of equipment?

It's just that, with the arrival of the Contopedale my Black Phantom isn't seing so much action and I feel as if torn between two lovers.

Or am I being weird?
No your not being weird...i really enjoy my bikes and i certainly am more fond of them than i am of my car or any car i've ever owned :rolleyes:
View attachment 11902

View attachment 11901

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Spirituality isn't something which floats my boat... being materialistic is. I love lots of possessions such as as a 1950's green enamelled mincer, a Matchbox Starksy & Hutch car, a vintage megaphone, a guitar and of course my bike... so in my book Mickle, you are not weird.

Then again, anybody who's not weird 'in my book' is probably pretty fecking weird.

tadpole

My bike is nice, but I'd swap it in a heart beat for folding beer money or e-money. Metal plastic and rubber is just that, metal plastic and rubber.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I thought I loved my old bike and felt like I had betrayed it when I sold it, until I rode its replacement. The bike I sold was one of thousands that rolled off a production line, the new one is built from donated and discarded bits, and so is truly unique.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I have four bikes. I love one of them. I like the others.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I think though you can try and string several bikes along at the same time .... in reality there is always a favourite!!! It's what puts me off buying another - knowing that my current favourite would be relegated.

Top Bottom