Do you own a car?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I seem to have got the point now where I'll just wait for the first completely emission free vehicles to come out and then take it from there. Possibly.

That said, something like an 8 - Freight or even just a bike with a trailer attached to the back might do just as well.

.....I presume that with a few bits of extra tubing, it would be possible to weld a tow bar to the back of one's bike!! :becool:

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Rhythm Thief said:
I can't understand why people don't enjoy driving more. I've been driving for 21 years now and I still love it. There's nothing like getting the line through a bend just right.:becool:
The roads down here can be really quiet. Holding 90 through a series of gently sweeping open bends while straightening the road is a great feeling. Used to be even better when I had the motorcycle too, there are a few places where the needle didn't drop below 100 for about two miles.

I have a 2-seater car and a 2-seater motorbike and 3 1-seater bikes.

Just got back from a 3400 mile drive through France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Italy, Switzerland, Lichenstein, Luxembourg and back home. 25 mountain passes and total height gained of 47000m. There is no way I could have pedalled that trip but had hood down all the way and stopped and passed time of day with any cyclists that we met at the passes.

btw Romantische Strasse would be great by bike!!

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
John Ponting said:
Just got back from a 34000 mile drive through France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Italy, Switzerland, Lichenstein, Luxembourg and back home.

Too many 0s JP?

34000 at say 100mph for eight hours a day would take over 40 days but that would be going some! :biggrin:

Ps Sounds like a great trip anyway.

sarahpink

I share one with my mums, and recently really hate driving it. traffic annoys me and know i can go so much faster in my bike especially in the rush hour

potsy

Rambler
I have a Citroen diesel which now sits at the back of the house all week and gets used occasionally at weekend or once or twice a week if I can't ride in for any reason.

Had been doing almost 10k a year in it up to last April when I started cycling to work,now down to 3k max.
Can't imagine not having one tbh even if it's just there as back-up,but instead of buying a new one every 3 years will be keeping them much longer now(this one 4 years old on Monday)

brokenbetty

Über Member
Rhythm Thief said:
I can't understand why people don't enjoy driving more. I've been driving for 21 years now and I still love it. There's nothing like getting the line through a bend just right.:biggrin:

Oh, I love driving! I just don't like owning a car.

brokenbetty said:
Oh, I love driving! I just don't like owning a car.

I don't think I could get away with removing the doors and chopping bits of the wings off with an angle grinder on a hire car.:biggrin:

Nodoors003.jpg

Top Bottom