Do you own a car?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Nope.

Have a license, but was too poor when first married, then just got used to it.

Might join the City Car Club in a year or two and just hire/pay-as-I-drive.

D

Deleted member 1258

No, I have a licence and have worked as van driver in the past, but I haven't owned a car since 1979, then it was only half a car, a reliant three wheeler

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
[quote name='swee'pea99']You remind me of a review I once saw in a motoring mag back in the '70s, when Volvos really were Volvos. It was one of those potted summary type things...

Ford Sierra: Pros - economical, comfortable; Cons - bland, boring drive; Summary - reliable value for money motoring

The Volvo one read: Pros - built like a tank; Cons - looks like a tank; Summary - good God, it's a tank[/QUOTE]

I remember some of those reviews. They were for FSOs or Yugos or some such
Pros - Quad headlights; Cons - Everything behind them; Summary - Don't do it
Pros - At home it's a luxury item; Cons - As is bread; Summary - Hopeless
Pros - Based on the Car of the Year; Cons - 20 years ago; Summary - possibly the worst car on sale today

tyred

Legendary Member
TheDoctor said:
I remember some of those reviews. They were for FSOs or Yugos or some such
Pros - Quad headlights; Cons - Everything behind them; Summary - Don't do it
Pros - At home it's a luxury item; Cons - As is bread; Summary - Hopeless
Pros - Based on the Car of the Year; Cons - 20 years ago; Summary - possibly the worst car on sale today

CAR magazine wasn't it? The Good, the bad and the ugly. Used to be a wonderful magazine when the likes of LJK Setright, Geroge Bishop, Rowan Atkinson and Richard Bremner wrote for them. Total rubbish now, lots of nice photos but no reading of any substance.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I have a Saab 93 Arc TID. It is built like the proverbial tank, and goes, if necessary, like the proverbial sh1t off the shovel. It also has my name in the Registration Plate, purely by happy coincidence of course.;)

I saw an "R" reg two door, sporty convertible Saab yesterday. That would be my n+1.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Speicher cars eh? Put me down for one :biggrin:

Yup I has car (Zafira) - kids +wife. I hardly use it and have suggested they don't need to either. But I'm out voted. I do far more miles on my bike than I do in the car. And time spent in the car just feels like time wasted.

GrasB

Veteran
I have two, they'll do about 13000 miles between them though about half of those are my partner's commuting miles. One is basically a toy, the other is very useful for long journeys.

tyred

Legendary Member
Rhythm Thief said:
I can't understand why people don't enjoy driving more. I've been driving for 21 years now and I still love it. There's nothing like getting the line through a bend just right.:biggrin:

+1

tyred

Legendary Member
Uncle Mort said:
It's also got a hard disk drive for music, which has never, ever worked. Daddy cool or what? :biggrin:

That is a real problem. Stops you from cruising around with the Spice Girls blaring from the stereo :biggrin:

Uncle Mort said:
You clearly don't drive a Mazda 5 "sport" then! :becool:

No, I've got a proper driver's machine ...

2CV018.jpg

:laugh:

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Down to one very practical VW Touran TDi 7 seater with roof box and cycle carriers,love it to bit's and would have another but this engine is good for at least 200k miles and it has only 57k on the clock now.
Had loads of cars in the past but have seen the light and just see them as a money pit with no returns,so i'm a one car family with two bikes in the garage for me,one for the boss and two Barbie specials for the terrors (child number three can go in the trailer and number four is not born yet ! )
To top it all after working with the damn things every day i don't want to play with them anymore !

Top Bottom