Do you own a car?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Team Fiwip

I have done, but not for the last 9yrs, I’m not an eco-warrior, quite the contrary to be honest. But I was wondering how many forum members owned a car?

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Yup.

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
Got a company car that has done 9000 miles in 18 months since i had it. The C2W bike has done about the same amount of miles in the same time .

gbb

Legendary Member
Yes, and wouldnt do without one....for the freedom it gives you. Sparingly used, you appreciate it more.
Commute by bike every day bar one and only really use the car for distance travelling.
9000 miles a year, 90% of that is travelling at weekends to Nottingham, holidays and occasionally Hull.

montage

God Almighty
nope

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Yes, but mainly due to wife's mobility issues. Although if I wasn't married to her, I probably wouldn't see the point in getting rid of the car.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Yes, and a bit of a car nut, but both of our cars were bought for practicality....ish (mine for the toys.....)

Had my Wife's Yaris since they came out on the market 11 years ago - been brill - no intent to ever sell/change. Used daily, does about 7k miles......looks mint...(yes I clean our cars like the bikes).........

My Nissan Primera - bought at 10 Months old (saved about 40% of RPI) when the cars had just come out on the market - had it 7 years - now only used at weekends and when we go away - 4k miles a year now (mostly summer miles) - does about 10 miles a week in winter.... has been suffering lack of use.... a full service by myself and injector cleaning has it running sweet again...

Have thought of getting rid of mine due to the complex electronics etc, but it still works 100%... Tax and insurance is about £60 a month though - I service the car.

I suppose our lifetime car CO2 is low though...... my FIL is on his second Prius in 3 years..Ouch environmental impact here..........

gbb said:
Yes, and wouldnt do without one....for the freedom it gives you. Sparingly used, you appreciate it more.
Commute by bike every day bar one and only really use the car for distance travelling.
9000 miles a year, 90% of that is travelling at weekends to Nottingham, holidays and occasionally Hull.

I use mine for that too! ;)

Top Bottom